• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Company of Heroes Double ISU-152 is such a shitshow. I love it!

    Company of Heroes Double ISU-152 is such a shitshow. I love it!


    Double ISU-152 is such a shitshow. I love it!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:25 PM PST

    I've always been a preacher of the Mechanized Support and ISU-152 love, but lately it seems my prayers have touched people's heart and they understood the glory of the ISU. Just today I had 2 games where a fellow ISU-152er brought the holy one to the battle. It's glorious watching a pgren/pfusilier/ober blob vanish into a mist of blood, limbs and dirt. JT or Elefant? Mark target and watch it getting lit. Flanking panther? Button that bastard and watch your su85s turn it into a recyclable can. LeFHs troubling you? IL2 got your back. As long as someone brings recon, there's nothing this commander can't handle. Just last match me and my randomly-matched ISU brother wrecked not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 JTs (plus a bonus king tiger). Keep spreading the love, ISU-152ers!

    submitted by /u/abrazilianinreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Make war not love!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I don't actually know if this has been a thing for a long while now, but it's that day again! Ever since the first one, it became a weird tradition for me to hop in for that one or two rounds of coh on valentine's day. Toast for that, and all you lovely other fellas having a round today!

    submitted by /u/Supersieni
    [link] [comments]

    OKW's Zeroing artillery is the sole reason I lose 4v4s above 40 minutes - 1 hour. I know what you're thinking, but this really needs to be discussed.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:28 AM PST

    Please read, then downvote. First. you can't contest points with it in close games and it kills everything in about 15 seconds or less. I would be fine with it if there was more warning, a pop up or a brighter circle would be nice. A huge problem is it's dangerous because it sounds like a normal barrage. Soviet anti-tank overwatch was nerfed excessively and its too obvious hitting only one object at a time. Zeroing artillery gives no significant abnormal sound indication like a walking stucka does. You can't pay attention to it itself since axis players always charge when the ability is activated or it's activated once they charged. Despite having to focus on your units defending the point and not the strike. How are you possibly supposed to possibly beat this in a close game, how? At least the Soviets is Anti TANK overwatch and doesn't slaughter infantry with 1 shot. After games I always get mocked "too easy", as if somehow having an OP late game ability doesn't make the game a cakewalk for you. It would be nice if it took more than one strike to kill everything and if the ability was cheap to make for more competitive late games, but the fate of hundreds of games is determinant on one player making two clicks.

    At least axis can see obvious signs of "dangerous" barrages (ie incendiary or anti tank) and rest easy knowing that their enemies can only have anti tank or anti infantry barrages. That both don't last long and doesn't prevent units from fighting in a massive area. Because it's so massive there's no way to tell if hitting your units. When you do tell its already too late since there's no way to save units if you didn't react to it immediately.

    The only equivalents I see is the British perimeter overwatch or the American white phosphorus.

    For one, white phosphorus doesn't affect vehicles and only infantry. It's smoke so it's more visually obvious beyond the initial illusion of smoke.

    The perimeter overwatch can be easily "kited" by running around the capture circle since its dependent upon the base howitzers and it's slow to fire as well as almost being a close price of Zeroing artillery.

    There, I am ready for your counter arguments on why this isn't OP. What are they?

    Edit: don't forget that British emplacements are static making them easy pickings, essentially ruining half of the British faction late game IMO.

    Getting vision is too easy since its hard to kill an entire blob late game that quickly, to stop the ability from doing significant damage to your units. They may be suppressed, and have one man left, but everyone knows the game has been adjusted to reduce squad wipe RNG. Additionally with the flare ability of another player a ridiculous amount of damage can chained.

    Finally, EVERYONE on the team has to react to it since it will 1v4 all tanks and emplacements and win. When a game comes down to 100 v 100 or even 100 v 260 and you know you can definitely defend the point and win. You can't with a ~ 1 minute barrage allowing them to cap it and win with basic pioneers that are protected by Zeroing artillery overwatch.

    I play Soviets not British, I had British teammates.

    submitted by /u/Paradox-ical_Major
    [link] [comments]

    How to counter Ass gren + MG + pgren shrecks?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:25 AM PST

    I was playing as USF and just had an incredibly frustrating game as USF against this ost opponent who started the game with double MG42 and 2 ass grens, he split them up and took both fuel points. Seeing this I decided to make light vehicles, WC51 from mechanised commander and M20 utility car to counter them. I figured the WC51 would help with the ass grens and flanking the MGs, while the M20 would be useful for recon and more bleed.

    Lately i have always been locking in the mechanised commander since i want to close the game early using the WC51, M20 and stuart. I hate playing the late game as USF since i find it very easy to lose my vet rifles or jackson because of a few simple mistakes from fatigue.

    A pair of 222s showed up and took out out my M20 and WC51, this caught me off guard since i was only expecting one 222. I managed to destroy both using an LT with bazooka and a stuart. I follow up with a .50 cal MG to control his annoying ass grens.

    Then he got pgrens with shrecks and suddenly I can no longer hard counter him. Im well aware you counter pgrens with shrecks using normal infantry since theyve lost 2 STG 44s, but how am I supposed to do that when there are MGs suppressing me, and pgrens running around blasting my light vehicles and forcing me to spend precious time repairing them?

    I end up losing map control, and this snowballs into a very fast panzer 4 which i have nothing other than a few zooks and a stuart to deal with. What am I supposed to do if i encounter this again? Im seriously pissed that i got beaten by such a low effort strategy. I know how to counter MG spam, and assgren spam, and shreck blobs individually, it is this combo that always gets me. I appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/BoredInNS
    [link] [comments]

    Wishful thinking and a question.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Hello all!

    This isn't a rant or really anything other then wishful thinking. Who knows maybe we will get this in COH3 if that happens. So I come from the SC2 world, I recently re-downloaded it (SC2) and it was always awesome to have divisions to work through and the 1v1 tournaments that they have online through the blizzard server. I wish COH2 had the same thing. Is there any site or group that does monthly or weekly tournaments for this game?

    submitted by /u/Kilobravo20
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues with loading all I get is a black screen and in the background I hear the THQ play and then nothing

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:24 AM PST

    USF 2v2 - struggling mid/late game

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:22 AM PST

    My struggle begins when the opponent first gets tanks out, mainly OST but also OKW as they seem able to get medium tanks (p4/puma etc) our much quicker than I can.

    This is combined with the struggle of initially getting double bar upgrades to press troops advantage means they're then useless at AT.

    How does one deal with this best? I try to place quite a few mines as they're incredibly useful (and cheap) for slowing down/getting kills on Axis tanks.

    Is it best to rush tanks? Is there a commander which would be useful for dealing with this?

    Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NINETY_LIVES
    [link] [comments]

    When is the proper time to get each of USF's light vehicles?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Newbie here looking for information.

    I've watched several games, and when the USF player commits to a light vehicle, it seems like all variety of stuff sees play, M20s, Halftracks, Stuarts, commander specific stuff. Some of it is related to your tech choice, but other times I think they will get one vehicle and instead get another.

    I'm trying to figure out what are the indicators to look for to know which vehicle to invest in or when to skip.

    submitted by /u/Into_The_Rain
    [link] [comments]

    USF 1v1 Cap vs LT

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:23 AM PST

    Cap for Wher Lt for OKW?

    Racks for OKW nades for Wher?

    When to stall for Jack and when to go straight for sherm?

    submitted by /u/HelmutIV
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment