• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Company of Heroes It's beautiful <3

    Company of Heroes It's beautiful <3


    It's beautiful <3

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Soviet Shock Army - a case for the Assault Conscripts

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    • 2 CP: HM-38 120mm Mortar Squad

    • 2 CP: Shock Troops

    • 2 CP: Conscript Assault Package Upgrade

    • 8 CP: ML-20 152mm Gun-Howitzer

    • 12 CP: IL-2 Sturmovik Attacks

    When looking at this doctrine, many players' first impression will be: "Why would I want PPSh's for my conscripts when the doctrine already has Shock Troops? It's completely redundant!"

    I'd like to make the case for the Assault Conscripts actually being a useful compliment to the Shock Troops and not at all a waste of an ability slot for this commander.

    Shock Troops need no introduction, they are debatably the best close-range squad in the game with their 6-man squad, smoke and body armour. However they are quite expensive to field and reinforce, and are very specialized being almost worthless at defending or fighting at medium+ ranges. They are countered by area denial tools and very weak to anti-infantry vehicles.

    Enter the Assault Conscript. With 3 SMGs their close range DPS is nowhere near as frightening as actual Shocks, yet it's still enough to defeat any other squad that lacks close range weaponry as well as quickly eliminate weapon crews. The most excellent thing about the Assault Conscript is that it's still a conscript! And so it retains all the amazing utility actives available to them: merging, tripwire mining, vehicle snaring, Hitting the Dirt (from the doctrinal ability, which allows them to effectively defend at medium+ ranges from cover) and most importantly: Urrah! and Molotovs are all still available to them.

    So when paired with a Shock squad to make up an assault team, I think they have excellent synergy. Shocks can go in first, smoke any supression platforms in their way, creating an opening for the conscripts behind them to Urrah, take enemy cover positions and quickly wipe weapon teams or molotov a garrison. If this team gets harassed by a scout car or luchs, they now have the ability to snare the vehicle and escape without hard retreating.

    I could describe the tactics I've been finding success with in greater detail but I think I've made my main point. Far from being redundant, the utility and inexpensive backup provided by Assault Conscripts make an excellent pairing for Shocks and help avoid overspecializing in close range.

    submitted by /u/Reason-and-rhyme
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain OKW Scavenge Doctrine to me?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I really like the idea of this Commander, and try it every once in a while. But for me, it almost always flops. The 4-man Jaeger squads seem to die way too easily, and I can never seem to get the Ostwind out early enough for it to be a better choice than a Panzer. The grenade ability is solid, but again it seems to simply be a good way to get my men killed trying to close.

    I just don't seem to get how to play this commander. It seems too reactive and situational, but potentially very powerful.

    submitted by /u/sgtpepper_spray
    [link] [comments]

    Scrolling through old posts and saw this discussion that aged like milk

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    They’re the what now

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    [Question] before buying CoH2

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Hi,

    This past week I discovered the amazing world of WW2 RTS. Since all 1C games are in sale I bought MoW AS2 and had a really good time; one of the things that attracted me the most to the game (besides the gameplay itself and the setting) is the editor, not for the map editing capabilities, but for the possibilities of playing animations and moving freely different cameras, which can be used to create machinimas.

    Now, my question: is there any way to create machinimas in this game? I am not necessarily talking about a map editor: even a demo viewer with a few camera path settings would be enough. A way to record animations from different angles without having to always replay a game or, even better, a way to handle animations freely (even though i find this quite unlikely to be in a game that doesn't have an editor)

    While searching online I didn't find much information, I saw a few machinimas made on this game (one even on the first one), but I have no idea if these were made using a mod or something similar. Here's the link to one of them: https://youtu.be/JB1ARpSGvAM

    submitted by /u/N4T3_74
    [link] [comments]

    Playing as Passive Engineering Cav. Tactics ��

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    Anybody got a discord where you play Spearhead a lot?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Really interested in this mod, I don't like base game nearly as well.

    submitted by /u/Gimmeagunlance
    [link] [comments]

    The modding tools won't work

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    This probably isn't the right place to post this but i couldn't find any solution when i tried looking it up

    I installed the modding tools and the modding tools data but neither one worked, they both said the executable file was missing so i looked at the files for both of them and the folders for them were completely empty, does anyone know how to fix this?, i tried reinstalling them and verifying the files for them and neither one of those things worked

    submitted by /u/YugoslavBastardII
    [link] [comments]

    New player, any advice?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Sooo during the summer sale I bought the full game and I still didnt get to play it because my laptop is broken, when I do however start playing I plan on playing mainly multiplayer. Any dos or donts? I want to know now because I probably won't be patient enough to ask when I get a laptop...

    P. S: I know about the free 30k coins

    submitted by /u/alexthealex9
    [link] [comments]

    In Team games, how do I play Soviets?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    Coming from a mainly Wehr and British mindset the faction just seems...underwhelming.

    I've seen good players on my team do really well with them though. When I use them they just...don't work.

    What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Atomic_Gandhi
    [link] [comments]

    Modding help: java.exe failed with exit code 1.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    anyone have fix for this?

    submitted by /u/ComradeSnib
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment