• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 15, 2020

    Company of Heroes I rarely play USF but when I do, I do stupid shit that my team mates scoff at, but every now and then, something dumb and awesome like this happens

    Company of Heroes I rarely play USF but when I do, I do stupid shit that my team mates scoff at, but every now and then, something dumb and awesome like this happens


    I rarely play USF but when I do, I do stupid shit that my team mates scoff at, but every now and then, something dumb and awesome like this happens

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:30 AM PST

    One minor yet important thing to me that I think should be addressed and improved in the preview patch: Unit Information relayed to the player

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:06 PM PST

    There's a lot of good quality of life changes in the currently running preview patch. But one thing I think (personally/my opinion) the balance team should consider looking at when they get a chance would be how the game explains some unit qualities and features. The elite bazooka and bren icons along with some of the recent and new changes such as abilities (ex. KV-1 hull down, OST's different Vet 1s for their AT units, and the Conscript's & Guard's two different hit the dirt abilities) were a great step in the right direction for this, but I think there's still a lot of crucial information missing in-game that requires veteran players and those who look into the files of the game. (The quantity of the latter I'm not sure.) As many of these changes are logged in patch notes and not everyone that plays the game has/will look at those notes.

    In my opinion, there's not much informative/concrete indications of these features in some instances such as:

    - Inherent unit passives and behavior, like Pathfinder and Jaeger Assassination Abilities, maybe an icon on Guard's PTRS being able to better hit infantry. Shermans retaining most of their accuracy on the move (like how G43 upgrades mention that for Grens/Fusiliers), Luch having sub-par moving accuracy. (I had no idea it has a 30% moving accuracy on it's main gun, unlike every other cannon-based vehicle in the game which all have at least 50%) and Bren carrier's primary armament dealing more damage the further it is from it's target, since it's the only light vehicle to do this, etc
    - Veterancy information missing, with minor things as M15A1/M20 MG accuracy increases on each veteran to more sufficient vet bonuses like USF officer reload speed [Which actually affects bazookas and every other weapon they use, like a picked up panzershreck and MG42 for example] and conscript molotov throw having increased speed, and Luch having greater moving accuracy on it's cannon via vet 2., etc
    - Some veterancy wording could be adjusted to better reflect bonuses (Grenadier vet 3 doesn't really let you know it actually reduces damage from all sources, Luch's vet 2 actually giving it longer firing bursts instead of greater rate of fire, assault officer's vet 2 "weapon handling" is a bit vague and [personally/to me] confuses me if it's saying increased accuracy or fire rate."), OKW's flak halftrack vaguely sums up it's vet 2 damage, accuracy, and rate of fire boost as "...attack targets more effectively", etc

    There's some instances where vet information is completely misleading, like Jagdtiger's Vet 5 not being updated. (It mentions the crew stun despite it being removed and the vet 5 being more health instead)
    - Some abilities are missing information (like radio silence not mention infantry speed boost, maxim sustained fire not mentioning suppression bonus)
    - Very light note but some unit tooltips (Yellow text) on a current units and some upgrades could be adjusted to better inform players (especially newer ones) on how to best use the unit. Because I'm pretty sure Rear Echelon aren't better then most other infantry for vaguely "crewing weapon teams or last ditch infantry pushes", especially since they have an abysmal 25% moving accuracy for some reason. Maybe add how Soviet engineers are effective at long range while supporting/being supported and same for Rear Echelon and Pioneers expect at close range, etc.

    For some examples in upgrades being better informative, flamethrower upgrades could better explain their bonus effectiveness against infantry in green cover (and of course buildings), Also Jagdtiger's engine upgrade only functioning out of combat. Royal Engineer's heavy package to mention how their LMG doesn't take a weapon slot and provides armor. Paratrooper LMGs having the subpar moving accuracy (since Ober and Commando's tend to have good to decent moving accuracies on their LMGs respective), and generally how LMGs deal more damage the further they are, etc, etc, etc

    This is just my personal opinion, and it being a good idea to address this stuff or not is up to you guys and the balance team. But I feel like some adjustments on making the game a bit more informative with some units when needed would be further helpful to the player's experience to game generally. By making it feel not so dependent for unknowing players to refer to a veteran or patch notes to know how to best or even basically use their units/upgrades, as details can be very important.

    submitted by /u/Anakin_Jared
    [link] [comments]

    This poor bastards heavy tank

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:23 PM PST

    This poor bastards heavy tank

    I had an hour long game in which the enemy one of the enemy OKW spent the entire match losing but 35 minutes in he built his tiger. He didnt use it for 5 minutes than the moment he tried to it got a at grenade, two at satchels, several t34s, an IS-2, several zis, a raming t34, and a anti tank strafing round thrown at it. It was fucking hilarous but must of felt so bad for him

    https://preview.redd.it/3hsiawy08h561.jpg?width=1360&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=63b074e5d967b3eebcddacc975503da6a1c9e6a7

    submitted by /u/flimsyducktail1612
    [link] [comments]

    Crazy balance patch mod game: Orangepest vs. Opportunity Cost in a heavy armour throw down!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    Sad to see plane crash damage go...........

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Sad to see plane crash damage go...........

    My ally destroyed plane and it happened to crash on my freshly reinforced vetted riflemen squads xD

    https://i.redd.it/32t51hpu6e561.gif

    submitted by /u/Meutgeert
    [link] [comments]

    A_Fox_But_Purple called me a "noob ass teammate" talked mad shit and abandoned.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:05 PM PST

    WC51 is now Useless

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:02 PM PST

    I loved the WC51 with all my heart it is my favorite part of USF.

    but having to repair it with rear echelon is no bueno. It needs a reduction in muni cost then.

    1) It doesn't reinforce
    2) It doesn't fire without upgrade
    3) Its hyper-fragile
    4) Never any reason to build more than 1 rear echelon, they will be stretched ultra thin since the WC51 commander doesn't allow riflemen to build sand bags
    5) U.S. has no self-repair option without vehicle crew
    6) Minesweeper upgrade for U.S. doesn't increase repair speed

    submitted by /u/chr0n1c_1337
    [link] [comments]

    casters to submit too

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Had a really good 1v1 that went from 470 to 40, to 38 to 34. Are there any casters that would want to see the replay like T90 for aoe2?

    submitted by /u/some_random_nonsense
    [link] [comments]

    Lag cheat?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Question, is there a way to cheat using "the lag"? Some dude just accused me of it in one-on-one, and pitched a fit.

    submitted by /u/Tooksbury
    [link] [comments]

    Is CoH 2 more enjoyable than CoH: EF?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:44 AM PST

    So my dad, brother, and I play CoH:EF every night against 4 AIs and its gotten to a point where I feel the game becomes repetitive as we sort of noticed the AIs patterns and know how to defeat them.

    I'm wondering if I should convince them to play CoH 2. I have played CoH 2 and there are just some mechanics that I like better in the 1st game but if moving to CoH 2 would be a better overall experience for us, then I'm all for it.

    I guess my question is/are - is the AI smarter or better/more challenging in 2? - my dad and brother mainly play USF, would you say its a better faction from the first game?

    This is probably a subjective matter but I'd appreciate some feedback from the community

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jeturbo
    [link] [comments]

    CoH 1 vs CoH 2

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    I never really got into CoH 2. I can't really tell you why. I was and remain a huge fane of CoH 1 and still play it sporadically. In fact, I just redownloaded it for the millionth time.

    However, I just couldn't get into CoH 2. I guess I figured the Eastern Front mod for 1 gave me enough of the Russians. So my question is, especially for fans of CoH 2, why do you love it so much?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DesmoLocke
    [link] [comments]

    CoH 1 or 2 Fan made campaigns?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Are there any? I really like these games and was wondering if there are unofficial campaigns.

    submitted by /u/Nekrocow
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, a GPU and CPU combo that can handle COH2's benchmark test with 4k max settings at 60 fps minimum.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:24 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment