• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 21, 2021

    Company of Heroes Let’s go liberate us some ground

    Company of Heroes Let’s go liberate us some ground


    Let’s go liberate us some ground

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:12 PM PST

    Commando Ambushes are just too good

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:23 AM PST

    Uh, what an interesting prompt...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 10:51 AM PST

    What do you like to see in a 2v2 tourney? Feedback from our 2v2 Tourney Today & Notes

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:31 PM PST

    What do you like to see in a 2v2 Coh2 tournament?

    What makes the games enjoyable for you?

    My twitch channel helped put on a small 2v2 tourney today. You can watch some games back if you'd like: https://www.twitch.tv/nathanfreeze (games on my channel), https://www.twitch.tv/durendalz (helped casting)

    What went well:

    1. The games stayed generally positive and the losing teams didn't rage much. I was not happy about some of the trashtalk and language and would like to clean that up for future matches and will consider some arbitrary rules to limit or kick players who don't follow the rules. It's silly to have to have to police this, but I think you have to be explicit or will see this regularly.
    2. The games were "fun" even if they weren't that "close." I think everyone had a generally enjoyable time. We had some teams win and lose vs similar ranked teams, so "how they played" was as important as "who they played."
    3. I was really pleased that some people - Flap and Durendal helped co-cast. They are more knowledgeable about some aspects and co-commentary is good. I didn't have the audio great in my ears though, so I could hear them perfectly and sometimes you talk over each other. Definitely takes practice to get better at.

    What didn't:

    • I didn't make the start times and game times clear, so people showed up in waves. To balance this we played round robin, and later teams we worked in. This worked well but not great.
    • Stream Transitions and organization wasn't great.
    • We had to switch people to 32-bit to play and spectate. I'm thrilled this is still available so we can spectate. It was frustrating to have to do after the tourney started though, so if teams know before we can let them know. It's annoying though and we had to wait to get players to do this.I generally think graphics should be pretty high if you are casting only. This could be better.
    • I'd like to have an entry fee to help compensate the basics for casting, hosting/organization, or winning, even if it's nominal or prizes instead of cash.
    • We weren't "EXPLICIT" about the rules. We did a 2 map rotating pool of Elst and Eindhoven, and I think players ended up getting a little tired of these maps and ended up requesting other maps. I think having the rules explicit and in advance can help with problems like this.
    • No bracket means no tourney "progress." It might be better to go to with a more normal bracket.
    • We streamed all the games on the channel. I think this is positive and negative because you get some exposure or have your game casted, even if it's not the top games. This makes the tourney SLOW though, so you get less games. This has mixed results. I think its generally great that everyone gets a game casted, but may not be the best for a tournament.
    • This tourney took about 10 hours. This is a LONG time! Rather fatiguing. Worth keeping in mind during the planning stages. I'm very happy though that I could do it in one day to keep the overall commitment fairly low.
    • Relic servers wouldn't connect today for awhile. Rough.

    Top 2 Teams out of 5:

    1st: 4 wins- 0 losses (Champion) - Nathanfreeze and Flap

    2nd: 3 wins - Jackson and Dave

    I welcome your suggestions or comments, and feel welcome to follow, subscribe, or sign-up for a future event.

    submitted by /u/nathanfreeze
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts regarding 64-bit update

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 08:22 AM PST

    That update promised stability improvements. Ironically, post-update game became completely unstable for me. For the past couple days my ability to connect to Relic servers and play MP decreased dramatically. While during match I do not experience any connection issues, lobby surfing is just pure suffering. Wait 20 seconds to join room, wait 2 minutes to start match as host. Today at first I couldn't join any room nor nobody could join mine. Then, turns out, I can't connect to Relic servers at all. I am quite sick of this already, never had such issues with CoH2 before. Relic, what the hell are you doing with your product?

    submitted by /u/Rufalke
    [link] [comments]

    they surrendered

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 12:43 PM PST

    So servers are still down?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 09:45 AM PST

    How to deal with the OKW Flak Truck + Raketen spam in 1 vs 1 (as Soviets)?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:27 PM PST

    As per title, I'm having a hard time dealing with the Flak Truck once it's placed around a key VP/Fuel/cutoff and defended with a handful of Raketens.

    I understand that AT, satchels and larger tanks can have a pop at it, but it's not easy to get close - I find I have to focus a lot of stuff at it and while you are focusing it, you leave yourself open to all sorts of counters. The doctrinal HM-38 mortars are great, but it require prolonged focus to demolish it and can either be counter-spammed or rushed.

    On some of the larger maps, I end up with key strategic areas locked off, because I need to take a lot of combined arms a long distance to take it it down. And obviously any failed attempts end up being a huge time and resource sink, while the opponent cpas around.

    So what's the best way to deal with this bastard thing?

    submitted by /u/_ImperfectAction
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my graphics settings keep randomly resetting to the lowest presets?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 02:57 PM PST

    It's very annoying joining a game only to find I'm staring at a mess of pixels and muddy textures, and I can barely see what's going on on the screen.

    submitted by /u/Sooawesome36
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell ?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 12:16 PM PST

    New player

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 03:52 AM PST

    Hey guys, i recently bought the game a couple of days ago and have been playing with a friend. Just wondering why there is such a skill difference between easy and standard? easy is way too easy and standard is a bit too hard for me atm. anyone else find this to be an issue? also what ways are there to get better at the game?

    submitted by /u/keiran1199
    [link] [comments]

    Is this RNG or is Jagdtiger's armour completely insane?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 07:06 AM PST

    Disclaimer: Not meant to be a whine post or a balance change suggestion

    In a 4v4 I was playing as USF, I saw a Jagdtiger wandering quite close to our lines. I faced my AT guns towards it, loaded AT rounds and fired from a really close range (around 1 inch on my screen with fully zoomed out view). The guns fired two volleys and all four of the AT rounds (the ones you pay munitions for) bounced off the frontal armour. Is this just RNG or is Jagdtiger an absolute god? Or is american AT gun crap?

    submitted by /u/PenilePain2674
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Sturmtigers BLAP everything until disaster strikes! - Elpern vs. "gg?"

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 01:04 PM PST

    Fastest way to Obersoldaten?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:36 AM PST

    I love using them. What's the fastest way tech up to Obersoldaten?

    submitted by /u/sainaa84
    [link] [comments]

    Gnug315 vs InuBasha - Company of Heroes History Episode 3

    Posted: 21 Feb 2021 05:33 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment