• Breaking News

    Friday, April 17, 2020

    Company of Heroes Announcing: The Master League a Community prize fund to give consistent events and a tourney player ranking system.

    Company of Heroes Announcing: The Master League a Community prize fund to give consistent events and a tourney player ranking system.


    Announcing: The Master League a Community prize fund to give consistent events and a tourney player ranking system.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    First reddit post, just a meme, lul

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Damn it.......

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    (UKF) How to Win With Medics

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    In the recent update relic added medics to the ukf as part of the new patch. The medics are available at the start of the game, there is no need to tech up or anything you can spam medics early game. Now before you go asking if its possible to win the game with just medics it is actually is. Heres a little guide how to.

    -when you start the match make sure to keep your starting infantry section alive as they are the only thing you'll be using to support your medics.

    -Equip your infantry section with medkits

    -you can recruit 2 medic squads early game

    -Medics may not be able to grab weapons but heres the thing: they can capture tanks, artillery, mgs, basically anything that needs a crew.

    -If you capture a tank its an even better find!

    -you can spam medics due to their low price of 180 manpower

    -You need to capture enemy crew weapons for your medics and reinforce them when you go back to base. Capturing enemy weaponry will make your medics even more powerful as well as giving them anti tank capabilities.

    -Since theyre all medics you can have a really quick recovery rate for them

    Hope this helps for your meme games or when you want to try something new Also make sure you have a competent ally

    submitted by /u/rslashJakeex
    [link] [comments]

    Features I would like to see in CoH3

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    1. Units can use their abilities from inside the buildings (houses, trenches etc.) like firing panzerfaust, throwing grenade etc.

    2. Tanks can go over trenches (both the ones that can be made via commander abilities and the ones made by map editor)

    3. Units and model editor (this way we can create more vehicles, weapons and units by ourselves, such as Jagrdpanther, Nebelwerfer etc.)

    4. Mortars can use trenches as well.

    5. Pacific theatre of war (idk even know if it is possible to combine naval and land warfare on the same map due to obvious reason - ships are much larger than land units), but oh well...

    Comment below what else would be a great feature!

    submitted by /u/OkazakiFragment123
    [link] [comments]

    How to buy new commanders?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I'm trying to buy some COH2 commanders through the in-game store, but I keep getting a server error message sending me to some outdated forum. Anybody else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/Questions3000
    [link] [comments]

    Melee in CoH 2?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    [1v1]Getting through the mid game vs Soviets?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Hi. I know "Help how do I beat X faction" are all too common on here, but I'm stuck. Every game I play vs the Soviets in one on one, I gain control of the map early, then completely fall apart in the mid game to an overwhelming amount of manpower, unable to get a foothold again.

    I try building a flak half track or a Panzer II, but I always end up losing them to AT grenades. Maybe my micro is just poor, I just never seem to have this issue vs the USF and UK. I also seem to just lose every infantry engagement vs the Soviets after maybe the 10 minutes mark.

    Other OKW players, what is your favorite strategy to employ vs Soviets? Any unit recommendations or tips, or is it going to come down purely to micro in this case? Thanks.

    (Also, if any Soviet players want to do a 1vs1 with me and give pointers afterwards, I would be willing)

    submitted by /u/MNLife4me
    [link] [comments]

    Interest in average joe 2v2 tournament?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    If my memory serves me right this past summer one of our members organized an average joe 1v1 tournament for fun, and there was a lot of interest. Unfortunately, we never had a follow up to that tournament, so I wanted to get a pulse on the interest in a similar average joe 2v2 tournament with bragging rights as the prize.

    Here's what I'm thinking the basic rules could to be adjusted based on interest:

    • Tournament will span over a month with players organizing their games before 5pm Sunday EST
    • Cannot have rank higher than 250 (willing to be flexible here)
    • Best-of-three for all the games except the Finals (Best-of-five).
      • Edit: There was a suggestion given for this to be a one game knock out. Also open to this idea based on community feedback.
    • 500 Victory Point, Standard Resources.
    • Mirror matches are not allowed.
    • Commanders are all allowed.
    • Honor system for reporting winners
    • Tie (1-1 scenario): In the event of a tie, the Victory Points leader (the team which had the greater number of total Victory Points after the first 2 games) may choose their faction. Remember to take a note of the VP count at the end of each game.
    • 1 minute rule: If a player disconnects from the game during the first 60 seconds the game must be restarted.
    • No-shows: If your opponents do not show up after the first 10 minutes following the start of the day (17:10 GMT), they will be disqualified and you will advance to the next round.

    Edit: If we can put at least 8 teams together I'll create a bracket to get this thing started.

    submitted by /u/faddizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid question

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    But how can i make a unit camouflage (fallshirmjagers, stormtroopers and partisans for example)

    submitted by /u/MrJackShepherd
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having weird graphical glitches like pink vehicles and see through buildings since the patch?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Sometimes even my vehicle camos are not displayed correctly ,just a plain vehicle skin..

    submitted by /u/samir500l
    [link] [comments]

    ThE b4 Is WaY ToO StRoNK!!1!!1! HOw cAN wE MAkE It EvEN MoRE WoRThLeSs???//?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I played my usual 4v4 game, spamming my 10.5 cm leFH 18 guns with Walking Stukas, desperately trying to make allies rage quit by making the next 30 minutes of their life annoying AF, when one SOV 🐶 (SOB) player builds a B4 aND TRiEs To meme Me!!!! He fired 6 shots that ofc never hit until I found his B4s And rapped them with my leFH's.

    For some reason, the Enemy team was so awestruck by the B4s they would start losing so Badly when 1 of the Soviet players started building them. In fact, in [all] chat they kept on calling the b4 player a "nice person" for building all the B4s, It's great to see a team that's so supportive of one another in games like this where tensions run high.

    Obviously, all in all they won by spamming B4's when one of them finally hit something and killed 3 models! 3 models! Can you Believe how OP that is! I'm so glad Relic removed Precision Shot to allow expert OKW players like me to build all my forward HQs close to the frontlines and never feel the repercussions of putting my battlegroup HQ too close to the enemy.

    Good thing Relic realized Brits were the most OP faction with emplacements we HAD TO COUNTER, (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!) And they prevented all allies from HAVING OP defenses. IN fact I think WHR should be rewarded by building no pop cap MG bunkers, and spamming outrageously expensive 60 munitions minefields in 4v4s by giving them negative popcap! That way THEY CAN build more Artillery in 4v4s to help out the team!

    I'm so glad that most players play Soviets and are repeatedly denied a bunker asset like the one from the Fortifications doctrine that was copied off OKW base defenses. I have no idea why Relic made this cost popcap, obviously it's just a fair as building bunkers with no pop cap.

    The Soviets were always on the offensive charging into MGs, THAT'S WHAT ENEMY AT THE GATES TAUGHT ME!!! Good thing the Whermacht generals can never be blamed for terrible decisions and we can always use Hitler as a scapegoat! In Fact! I started putting Whermacht and NASDP propaganda on my walls since we should celebrate a nation that was ruthlessly invaded by the Soviets. Helping Hans does it, the Imperial Dane does it, why can't I?

    My point is, I sense a lack of community appreciation for my 200 IQ defensive tatics that typically makes 4v4 games miserable for Allies, and the B4 doesn't miss nearly enough for how OP it is. It should have reverse scattering, or a chance to randomly explode after firing.

    Alternatively we could just remove the b4 from the game being the most OP artillery piece. I'm sure even the Soviet players would agree that it needs to be toned down or replaced with some nerf like marked target. We could given them fear propaganda or incendary artillery, but Soviets already have the best call ins in the game, and buffing them more would be ludicrous. Could you imagine how OP that would be to force one of my squads to retreat!!! Or kill 2-3 models with incendary artillery!! Utter bullshit!

    TL:DR: Relic pls nerf b4 more.

    submitted by /u/Paradox-ical_Major
    [link] [comments]

    Doing better against OKW but need help with something

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    It's me again, the whiny UKF player who gets wrecked by OKW. I decided to do a 1v1 as I felt that would help me improve more than 2v2. This time, I dominated the early game with infantry, thanks to your great advices. I wiped many squads, and I even destroyed the panzer headquarters he built too far forward. I still ended losing the match, though. After a while my opponent just spammed obersoldaten and panthers. The obersoldaten completely ripped through my infantry and AT guns and the panthers obliterated my two cromwells. By the time I had enough for a firefly I was irreversibly screwed. While I did much better than I usually do, it's still frustrating to have such a large lead completely negated by the seemingly invincible obersoldaten.

    A few questions. Firstly, why does OKW get so many elite units and tanks, and why do they get to spam multiple obersoldaten? Secondly, what exactly can one do to counter obersoldaten? They had so many of them they just walked around the mg I had covering the central VP. I had vetted double bren IS's ready to meet them but they got absolutely wrecked in a matter of seconds. Panthers seemed to shrug off the 3 AT guns I had firing at them. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/ChadAssaultSection
    [link] [comments]

    [1v1] Post Patch Brits 1v1 meta

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys, just wondering what the best build order is for brits in 1v1 at the moment. I know they were buffed a little bit but still having some issues.

    Generally, the build I've been doing has been:

    1. Infantry section x3, UC, Bolster (usually only against OKW), T2, then just kind of deciding as needed between vickers, AT gun, officer, and/or sniper. Generally hold off on medics, try to get 2-3 infantry sections with the medic upgrade. The pyrotechnic upgrade has been hit or miss, but mostly miss since the artillery takes so long to fall and the smoke is also pretty slow.
    2. AEC use for light vehicles (pretty much any signs of 222 for Ost, or Luchs for OKW) but does not seem very effective for infantry. I at least try to tech up for it and have it ready to be called in if needed
    3. Then from there I go for the Cromwell and try to get Comets out.

    The main issues I've been having are:

    • OKW in general just seems to dominate the infantry at every level. The brit units have such low wiping potential that the OKW get vet so quickly and become unstoppable by late game. I've tried sniper but generally hasnt been enough (maybe my micro is trash?)
      • More specifically , falls just wreck everything.
      • Maybe vickers play should be the main focus?
      • Should I get double brens on the infantry to help counter the strong infantry??
      • How often to bolster?
      • What doctrine seems to be best against OKW? I've been alternating between commandoes, land lease (for the assault tommys), royal arty, and maybe only once engineers. I feel the royal arty would be best to decimate the trucks and sim city that most okw players seem to build.
    • Against Ost, I seem to hold my own better but infantry is still pretty weak overall
      • Again , what doctrine is best against Ost. The units still lack that wiping potentail, which is so key in helping end games early vs going for a 30-40 minute slug fest every damn game. Should I get 2x brens on them?
      • How often to get sniper?
      • What doctrines work best? I still like the above doctrines (don't have vanguaard, or the support one)
    • And finally, what is the best way to use the officer? If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. My personal use was as an attacker but he seems better to sit back or ambush squads and then use him more liberally once he gets level 2 vet

    Ok that's everything. Hopefully some people can chip in and help make the brits somewhat more reliable and fun faction to use in 1v1.

    Edit: Added AEC use

    submitted by /u/im_dalegend
    [link] [comments]

    So, what do you consider to be your greatest battle of all time in COH2?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    So, what do you consider to be your greatest battle of all time in COH2?

    A great battle in this game is defined by it's length, scale of movement, casualty rate and ultimate outcome.

    I think my greatest one happened this morning in a 2v2 on Lierneux, where we nearly lost, but recovered, delivering heavy casualties on the Americans. I honestly think my Jagdtiger saved it, knocking out 18 vehicles and taking a lot of punishment and eventually reachining the mythical Vet 5. My Sturm Offizier unleashed hell with his Obersoldaten, killing over 100 infantry and destroying 4 vehicles with some captured Bazookas. The Sturmpioneers snatched up an MG34 from a dead Ober, a bazooka and an M8A1 which they got all the way up to Vet 3 (The PFs are honestly not worth mentioning.)

    All in a span of over 1 hour of fighting.

    My wrecking crew posing for the screenshot near the end of the match.

    I would be interested to know what everyone's greatest battle of all time was, in quite a bit of detail.

    submitted by /u/FilipTheCzechGopnik
    [link] [comments]

    new-ish player wondering if i did the right thing

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    this was a 4v4 match that happened the other day. my base was the furthest right, so i joined up with one teammate to cap the right-most key point. after capping the point, and defending it for a few minutes, my teammate just stopped sending troops there save for his MG and AT gun that survived the initial back and forth. the enemy seemed to stop paying much attention to the point as well. between me doing short probing attacks and mortar barrages, the game reached a point where the right point was a quiet standstill between my defence force and a large group of enemy tanks and AT infantry camping just outside the right point.

    I made a few attempts to fight this force, but i had a very hard time dealing any damage to it. infantry was met with tanks, AT was met with AT infantry, Tanks were met with AT infantry, and attempts to get mortar/MG fire to bear was met with withdrawal into obvious traps. maybe if i had more experience i would be able to take on this force, but they weren't threatening the point, so i decided it wasn't worth it to try and take them on.

    Instead, i maintained my defence, but started sending excess troops to the left and mid to help my allies with the massive battle there. All of the tanks, mortars, and engineers i could muster got thrown in with my allies, and i repaired their stuff and generally just went along with whatever strategy they were doing, pushing and retreating whenever they did. I knew they were more experienced than me, so i thought that the best way that i could help would be follow rather than lead.

    Anyway, my team slowly lost this massive battle for the left and mid points, but they keep the front line right next to the key points for the entire rest of the game. My team lost the game with the right cap still secured and defended by me, with a handful of troops still defending it. It was a pretty close game, and i felt pretty good about my performance personally, given that i had held one of the key points by myself for basically the entirety of the game.

    Heres where i feel conflicted.

    I get back into the lobby, only to find my entire team insulting me for not doing anything for the entire game. According to them, i should have pushed past the right cap to put pressure on the enemy and draw forces away from the big battle over on the left. I know im not very experienced compared to any of my teammates, so i know they are more likely to know better on average, but ever since that match i keep turning the situation over in my head and i still don't think i could have gotten past that blob of tanks and AT infantry.

    can someone who knows more than me tell me where i went wrong?

    submitted by /u/SFC_kerbaldude
    [link] [comments]

    You are now able to use 2 commanders in match. Which combination would be OP?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Which combination would be overpowered? Would it be Heavy Calvary + Urban Defense? Or Blitzkrieg + German Infantry?

    submitted by /u/AdorableKiwi16
    [link] [comments]

    Q: Breakthrough /GOffensive lockin

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    When you choose this doctrine, do you immediately choose it so you can deploy Pfuzi from the start? Because when you choose it later on you already have volks on the field.. making them a bit obsolete

    submitted by /u/dolllyyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment