• Breaking News

    Monday, May 18, 2020

    Company of Heroes Painting a Valentine today, RAF Coastal Command Scheme

    Company of Heroes Painting a Valentine today, RAF Coastal Command Scheme


    Painting a Valentine today, RAF Coastal Command Scheme

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    "First, do no harm."

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Now available in stores near you!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    My noob adventures as Soviet

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    This thread is mostly gonna be about the things I've noticed playing as soviets being a noob in coh2, what strategies I use, what strategies I see the enemy use, and hopefully get some advice for me and the other new players on the sub.

    Right now, my opener is 3 penal, then M3, then flame engie. Usually, the other teams opener is either blobs of infantry or MGs, which the flame halftrack destroys. Then, I like to build some shock troops, because they destroy the enemy infantry and help me lock down early and mid game. My idea is towards the endgame move away from shocks and towards AT penals, because Panzer 5s are usually a bigger threat to me than the enemy infantry. Unfortunately, I don't do my endgame strat as well as I should.

    Usually the problem that gets me is that the enemy builds 0 armor the entire game. Then they surprise me with a Panzer 5 and I really have no answers to it, which very quickly takes me from my dominant position to being in full retreat.

    Any questions, comments, or advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/CombatAx
    [link] [comments]

    Stuka Barrage!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Bug?: Conscripts merged with PPSH airborne guards get SVTs instead of PPSHs and one guy recreating Enemy At Gates.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Why don't the Soviets get any defense structures? If giving USF a motar was for balance, why not Soviet bunkers? They are the only faction without a single defensive structure, or vanilla forward healing without being forced to use commanders.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    (First, a Soviet bunker asset already exist since it's the ones that defend your HQ depending on the team size).

    It makes little sense to me why the Soviets lack a single defense structure. Sandbags aren't a 'defensive structure', because they are in no way comparable to MG bunkers or fighting positions of OST or USF.

    (Which SHOULD cost 3-4 pop cap to stop turtle spamming. After all, if the British pay for defenses make the MG bunker variant, and the upgraded fighting position cost popcap).

    The British have a myriad of defenses from mortar pits to Bofors which act as great area of denial. The OKW have the schwerer panzer headquarters that can act like a version of the Bofors. This can be used to great success by rushing a fuel point and putting one down. Additionally, doctrinally they can get bunkers and Flak emplacements.

    Balance means having AT guns, Machine guns, Mortar, and defensive structures on ALL sides. You probably disagree, however consider the difference between an emplacement taking damage and a maxim, one if a soft target that's fairly easily to kill, especially on popular maps, the other doesn't cost manpower and can be repaired for free.

    Sure, I may not know much about "balance", however most USF players don't ever use their fighting positions, it would be the same for Soviets, however you wouldn't be forced to constantly reinforce a 6 man machine gun which serves no other purpose than wasting manpower on reinforcement cost, and gives it to the enemy when the guy carrying it is the most likely to die as they all stupidly dive for the gun, and slowly pick it up 1 by 1.

    The second problem is a lack of forward medics, again most Soviet players probably wouldn't even use it except for those who build half tracks in the first place for forward reinforcement. Sadly this is fairly pointless since a squad could survive a grenade blast with all of their models and a sliver of heath. If the halftrack could be upgraded as a forward Soviet ambulance, but lose the ability to fire, I think it would see a lot of utility among those few who use this strategy in the first place.

    I sincerely hope Relic didn't think by adding British medics they would be expected to "help" the team. Things change far to quickly for anyone to ever "help" another player in a match. Additionally, the truth is people are selfish, I would expect someone to base kill me before I expert a USF or UKF player to deliberately heal my units. It's not their job, neither should it be expected of them, it's my job if I want forward medics. Except you can't pay munitions to turn your halftrack into an ambulance in the first place.

    As far as faction that have forward healing:

    Ostheer vet 1, Ostheer Bunkers, USF Ambulance, British Medics, British first aid kits, OKW Battlegroup headquarters,

    None of these are doctrinal meaning you don't have to commit to a particular strategy. Unlike some Soviets doctrines, in which your strategy is at the mercy of "good pairings" with the map and your in game goals.

    submitted by /u/Paradox-ical_Major
    [link] [comments]

    Only 8 losses

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    My game crashes at the end of every match

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    I'm decently new to the game, but whenever any kind of match ends, I crash to the bugsplat thing before I even see the victory or defeat screen. I'm on windows 10, and my system is definitely powerful enough to run the game. Is this a common problem? I looked online and couldn't find anything. I've reinstalled the game twice but it didn't fix it.

    submitted by /u/CombatAx
    [link] [comments]

    Strengths, Weaknesses, and Gameplay overview of every faction.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Recently came across a comparison here of every faction from quite a while ago talking about their strengths weakness and general playstyle. But it was from quite a while ago and seemed to be a bit of an oversimplified version.

    Was wondering what you guy's thoughts were on each faction's strengths/weaknesses and general style of play.

    submitted by /u/chwalistair
    [link] [comments]

    Which faction is easiest to learn for CoH2?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    I used to play CoH1 years ago and finally want to dive into CoH2. Which faction is easy to command decently without much learning curve?

    submitted by /u/thinkerballs
    [link] [comments]

    Why was urban assault commander removed?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I recently bought the game so I do not know the details, but I know there used to be this commander.

    Edit: I am talking about ostheer commander.

    submitted by /u/Logosoft
    [link] [comments]

    Rangers lead the way

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment