• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Company of Heroes Spoiler: Only 7 of them survived, including the ambulance

    Company of Heroes Spoiler: Only 7 of them survived, including the ambulance


    Spoiler: Only 7 of them survived, including the ambulance

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Me and the lads returning to CoH2 after months of not playing

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    An homage to my last game. My dream job is to become a commander ability.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    The winner of the Wild Card tournament will be awarded guaranteed participation in the next Master League tournament with the 24th seed entry. https://tinyurl.com/yy8m2x4b

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Soviet Discussion: Versatility of Infantry

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Soviets are in a bit of an awkward position and the abundance of posts have discussed a variety of issues, the most notable question of the T-70, but I'd like to discuss, in my opinion a more pressing problem, lackluster infantry game.

    Let's start with conscripts. Let me say that by lackluster, I do not think Cons need a direct DPS buff, they are strong units, but their theme of "weak but flexible" is somewhat hampered given that the only non-doctrinal upgrade they get only reinforces their current "hold the line" playstyle. Despite what others have said, I actually do appreciate the 7 man upgrade, it is very "on brand" with the theme of conscripts, but there are a couple of notable issues, mainly that it is

    1. Locked behind T3/4 Tech (and thus puts cons into an a weaker early-mid game position)

    2. Reliant on cover to be fully effective

    3. Complete inability to pickup weapons (flamethrowers, MG42, etc)

    These shortcomings by themselves are not gamebreaking or unbalanced, but should be addressed nonetheless.

    Secondly, the penal battalion. Penals are very strong early on, as any German player can attest to, but lack in meaningful upgrades, and tend to fall off later in the game. In addition, as they are locked behind the T1 structure, are often skipped in favor of T2.

    While a good satchel charge can singlehandedly win games, penals are ultimately given a pass, but any buffs to them should be scrutinized.

    Here are my two main proposals, that do not require extensive changes to commanders nor directly buff DPS of units, but rather through upgrades. While I would rather do a more in depth change, the following allows for T-70 nerfs and pushes the infantry focus of the Soviets compared to the mechanized focus of the Ostheer.

    1. Conscript Upgrade Timing

    Conscript upgrade no longer reduces manpower costs until T4 is researched. Takes up one weapon slot rather than completely removing weapon carrying capabilities. Conscript upgrade is moved from T3 to Command Structure, but locked until either T1 or T2 is unlocked. T3 unlocks 7 man upgrades for free. T4 reduces reinforce cost of upgraded conscripts.

    This change ensures that conscripts can keep up against German mainline infantry without pushing the power spike too high in the early game.

    1. Penal PPSH Upgrade

    Penals now have the option to change out their SVTs for PPSHs, which increases their DPS. Slightly increases Satchel Charge range.

    These two proposals are ultimately merely buffs to Soviets, which would hopefully be accounted for in a broader patch, but here are some more radical proposals that require more intensive testing.

    1. Mortar moved from T2 to command structure, unlocked once T1 or T2 is built. Halftrack moved from T3 to T2, T34 moved from T4 to T3, adding of tank to T4 (KV1 perhaps?)

    2. Conscript PPSH upgrade added, can be purchased at command structure after T1/T2 or for free after T3. Doctrine PPSH gives whole squad PPSH but increases the cost of upgrade and manpower slightly.

    3. Rally point for reinforcement similar to reinforcement bunker for OST. (Soviets lack of reinforcement capability other than base and halftrack is a severe liability)

    Let me know what you think, and feel free to poke some holes into this. I also wouldn't mind some buffs to some OST units provided some are nerfed as well, but I feel that OST and Soviets should be the two main balancing points and the other factions should revolve around them, so I hesitate to push any significant OST changes considering their power level is kind of where I want the to be in the meta game.

    submitted by /u/ChuChuChuChua
    [link] [comments]

    How do War Spoils work and can I farm them?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm fairly new to the game, getting into the meta at the moment, but I have no coins and the commander I need, what can I do to efficiently get them?

    Thank you for you attention!

    submitted by /u/iAmTuta
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to win with only conscripts

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    I must know

    submitted by /u/defaultskin2
    [link] [comments]

    My observation between the two games (COH1 and COH2)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Playing as USF in Coh2, the M4A3 Sherman can be easily knocked out by for example a Panzer IV but COH1 the M4 Sherman without the 76mm is very powerful in 1 on 1 against a Panzer IV. I find it weird sometimes. Also, I like the Crab Mine, Bulldozer, and 76mm upgrade for the COH1 but I prefer the COH2 which I can swap HE and AP and also a 105mm Sherman Bulldozer.

    As always the Paratrooper for both games dies easily without support but I like the ready for upgrade of the Recoilless rifle for COH1.

    For the gameplay, I always like the reverse function of the vehicles and tanks for any tactical flank or fake-retreat.

    I will temporary play COH1 because I need to upgrade my specs of my PC. Also, I play on my laptop always because I like to play on the go and COH1 is the best game for my laptops spec.

    submitted by /u/eddgar47
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve read the rules now and I hit the ground running

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Question

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    I want to buy company of heroes but i dont know how to get the best experience, should i buy the franchise edition, or do the master collection is enought? am i gonna miss out anything if i only buy the masters collection rather than the franchise edition?

    submitted by /u/DatIMBE1273
    [link] [comments]

    need some advice on this replay (3v3)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    https://www.coh2.org/replay/106144/3v3-close

    the 3 of us are in a 3 stack btw so any advice is welcome

    ratsmacker and i (loaph) have ~1000 hours and we've been taking carl weezer as one of our extra men so hes fairly new (150 hours), rat smacker is also new to usf

    submitted by /u/bloaph
    [link] [comments]

    no arty is match for vet 5 LeFH

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    When Your Jeep Survives With 1 Health

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    How did I lose more conscripts than I produced?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    CHALLENGE OPEN NOW (Soviet only)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Sup. It's me, DownvoteMaster98. We will be playing 2 match and I will be playing as OKW and Wehrmacht. I only accept Soviet players only because Soviet sucks.

    Send your Steam and I add you immediately. Then i post the match results here.

    If Soviet win both games then I will delete this account forever and the troll in this community will gone. Now come. I be on within 1 hour

    submitted by /u/DownvoteMaster98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment