• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Company of Heroes Does anyone else feel like plane crashes do way too much damage?

    Company of Heroes Does anyone else feel like plane crashes do way too much damage?


    Does anyone else feel like plane crashes do way too much damage?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    So I'm playing the game, as you do. I get two fresh Rear Echelons on the field, and bounce away from them for a moment to my AA-half-truck, which has just shot down a plane.

    Moments later, I hear the plane crash, and both of my REs instantly disappear from my unit list. They were supposed to be at my base grabbing bazookas so I'm bewildered as to what could have killed them, and what do I find? A plane wreckage.

    Two fresh, full-health squads, instantly wiped AT BASE by a stray plane crash. That's way too much loss to RNG, if you ask me.

    That story is an extreme example, but I think anyone with a lot of hours can attest to how frustrating it is to shoot down a plane and get punished for it by RNG. Obviously in real life a plane crash would do that much and more, but this is a game and we're not trying to build a simulation. It takes me back to that tank hunter plane ability Panzer Elite had in CoH1, where planes would swarm the sky hunting for tanks. You had to actively try and distract your AA with other targets or you'd end up taking just as many losses from stray plane crashes as you would from letting them do their thing.

    Do you think it makes sense from a balance perspective for the other side to get free manpower bleed on you even when their air support is thwarted?

    submitted by /u/n-ko-c
    [link] [comments]

    No Commanders, All Units - The Future of CoH2

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I play CoH2 every day, for about 2-4 hours a day, for the past year or so. I discovered the 'all units' mod about 2 months ago. Since then, I only play offline versus A.I. with it (+125popcap) because its better than the standard game. I feel that should be emphasized. The all units mod with 125 pop cap is better than the standard game.

    I would love to be able to play against humans in this mode. And I would love for this to become mainstream. I watch AE's channel and was happy to see him cast a no-commanders game; awesome!

    My two cents: I hope this is the future of CoH2. + the tournament mode mod, which is a necessary and should have been the default game since the beginning.

    submitted by /u/chr0n1c_1337
    [link] [comments]

    3,000 Soviets, One Bridge | Company of Heroes 2 Realism Mod

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    (Modding COH1) Start with a commander tree

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Hello, my question is, as it says in the title, how to start with a commander tree in a game mode. As for example in the allies the armored company and in the doctrine of terror axis.

    submitted by /u/User2065
    [link] [comments]

    another toxic member of the community

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Thinking about trying Soviets for once, what's a good commander to go with?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I play all the factions except Soviets, so gonna give them a try. I have enough supply for one commander, so any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/cool_anime_dad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment