• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Company of Heroes Found this old badboy collecting dust (ATI Radeon HD3870)

    Company of Heroes Found this old badboy collecting dust (ATI Radeon HD3870)


    Found this old badboy collecting dust (ATI Radeon HD3870)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Me when i have to play against them (no hate)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Know Your Map - Victory Point Mechanics

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:31 AM PST

    Know Your Map - Victory Point Mechanics

    Welcome

    Hello everyone, this is VictorStewart, bringing you my first written guide for my Know Your Map guide series. As you know, Company of Heroes 2 is a game with a lot of depth and information. However, not all information is shown clearly with numbers or descriptions. I hope this guide will provide you, perhaps, everything you need to know about Victory Point and its mechanics. Enjoy!

    https://preview.redd.it/7ogdjd9rnw761.png?width=850&format=png&auto=webp&s=c0f1b5f8cb9837dad8e380f487c5867dd3010ab2

    NOTE: For clarity purposes, I will use the term «Victory Point» to describe the point on the map that you need to capture and «VP» to describe the points reserve that you and your opponent are given at the beginning of the game to play with.

    Gameplay Mechanic

    What is Victory Point?

    Victory Points are capture points that are available to the Victory Point game mode. These points are distributed on the map for players to contest and drain the opponent's VP down to 0 for the win. To drain the opponent's VP, the player(s) will have to own more Victory Point on the map than the opponent. On the vast majority of the official maps in Company of Heroes 2, there are three Victory Points, except Lorch Assault, which has five.

    This is the visual indicator of the points on the minimap and the tactical map

    And here is the visual look of a Victory Point in the game (they have some barrels and some munition boxes at a broad, wooden base)

    Unique Properties

    Victory Points has many properties that separate them from other resource capture points:

    • They do not directly yield any resources and act solely as the game mode's victory condition.
    • The territory surrounding the Victory Points are often very small, and thus, it does not really work as the territory connector to the base. (there are some exceptions, such as the middle VP on some maps)
    • The player(s) do not need the Victory Points connected to their base to gain its benefit.
    • You cannot build an OKW base on the territory that contains a Victory Point.

    Capture Time

    At the standard capture rate and revert rate of 1. We have:

    - Capture Time: 20 seconds

    - Decapture (Revert) Time: 13.3 seconds

    Tips: The capture time of the Victory Point can be affected by the unit's capture and decapture rate. They can also be neutralized by Stuka Bombing Drop ability of the Wehrmacht commander. You can use these capture rate enhancing abilities or units to help you stay in the game when your VP reserve goes low. (I will talk about every ability's and unit's capture rate in another guide. Video version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P0hkw-8PRY&t=2s)

    VP Tick Mechanic

    The amount of VP drop per tick depends on how many more Victory Points the player possesses than the opponent. If the player has two captured Victory Points while the opponent has none, the opponent will lose 2 VP per tick. If the opponent has one and the player has one, no one loses any points.

    One interesting point to note is that the VP ticks happen every 4 seconds of game time. However, this "every 4-second" rule does not apply when you capture the point, but rather when the game start. It means the tick will kick in at the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th (and so on) second of the minute. Every minute, there will be a maximum of 15 ticks.

    This may create an interesting scenario where you have 1 VP left. If the enemy finished capturing precisely the moment the ticking time has just passed, you could theoretically have an additional 4 seconds to decapture the opponent VP to stay in the game.

    Example:

    If you manage to obtain the Victory Point advantage at, say, 15: 01, the next tick will come at 15:04. However, if you capture the Victory Point at 15:03, the next tick will still come at 15:04 instead of 15:07.

    VP Drain Rate

    Since we knew that there is a maximum of 15 ticks per minute, VP drain rate will be:

    • 15 VP per minute with 1 Victory Point advantage
    • 30 VP per minute with 2 Victory Point advantage
    • 45 VP per minute with 3 Victory Point advantage (aka Triple Cap)

    Formula

    Given the VP tick's static nature, you can calculate how much time you have left before you lose (or win) the game should the Victory Point ownership be unchanged.

    https://preview.redd.it/jamk0vhemw761.png?width=543&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff0065bab9eb1c3ab1fac82640c5f011c7a17013

    https://preview.redd.it/0u1upb3hmw761.png?width=449&format=png&auto=webp&s=2f082f90fdff02110016326401924e4cb2d59df2

    Example:

    You have 200 VP remaining and the opponent owns 3 Victory Points more than you. You will have:

    https://preview.redd.it/xch1o8njmw761.png?width=272&format=png&auto=webp&s=45177c550b6a888cd40b3c4d859c086123d47ec1

    By knowing this, you can visualize the urgency of your VP situation to decide the priority, such as contesting for resources or decapturing the opponent's VP to stop the VP bleed (and I hope you have an ok mental math skill to do that on the fly).

    Conclusion

    Unfortunately, the game has very little quantitative information displayed in the game, so it is almost impossible to gauge that moment when you can intercept and give yourself that additional few seconds. However, I hope you still find this guide informative and helpful (such as VP drain rate). If you have any questions related to Victory Point that I have not addressed, feel free to ask. I will update this guide accordingly.

    Thank you very much for reading, and good luck on the battlefield!

    Credit: Thanks RitaRush for the banner art; Mithiriath, Hannibal, FichtenMoped for the inputs about formating, structuring the guide.

    submitted by /u/VictorStewartCA
    [link] [comments]

    Haha Muni and MP go STONKS

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:18 PM PST

    Late to the party. A noob want a help

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:56 PM PST

    I bought coh2 5 years ago, but I've always been afraid to play because I know the learning curve is very steep.

    But now I feel an incredible desire to play and above all to learn the mechanics and strategies.

    As a content creator, I watch skippy and HelpingHans, They were very useful to me, but of course, skill comes with experience.

    To learn how to play I'm doing the 4vs4s, but honestly, they are useful to get used to the game mechanics, but I don't feel I have learned anything on a tactical level.

    With the Soviets generally, I don't play very well, I tend to be 3 or 4 for damage done in my team.

    With the wehrmacht, on the other hand, I have smoother games, as if I had more mastery than the soviets. I have also often managed to be first for damage dealt.

    Do you have any advice for me?

    A little while ago I lost a game as ostheer where there was a spam of t34, we were 2 vs 4, i used 4 pgrens with shrecks and 2 panther. I probably should have built Paks but normally I don't build T1, I go directly to T2

    submitted by /u/riioKen
    [link] [comments]

    Double Sturmtigers O_o

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:28 PM PST

    Two british brens walk into an MG42

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:44 PM PST

    And kills the mg42.

    submitted by /u/Snyggkille
    [link] [comments]

    "You have been disconnected" after trying to search for multiplayer games, I was just playing fine 20 minutes ago but now this keeps happening, anyone else is having the same problem?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:19 PM PST

    True German Tiger

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    I have a question about the optimization of Company of Heroes 2

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:19 AM PST

    Why can Total War have large battles of Thousands units without lagging, but Company of Heroes 2 can't? Is everything fully and simultaneously rendered is there no LOD when you zoom out?

    submitted by /u/pepemalupet
    [link] [comments]

    2 Randol Questions

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:56 AM PST

    Edit: my phone autocorrects words I'm trying to properly type. But it doesn't catch Randol and change it to Random? Thanks technology.

    1st: what does Spearhead do, and what is the general consensus on it? Are people a big fan? — does it work with map mods?

    2nd: which population cap tuning pack do you recommend? I was looking at some in the workshop and none of them seem to be "simple" lol

    submitted by /u/NickGraddy
    [link] [comments]

    Screensaver bug

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 12:32 PM PST

    When the screensaver is activated due to me be afk the game glichs a lot, grafics and performance and I have to close it and open again. Is this a common bug and I there a solution?

    submitted by /u/Adrianjsf
    [link] [comments]

    How do you counter counter MG spam?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:37 AM PST

    I've been having a lot of luck recently trying to make sure I always have a healthy amount of MGs hanging around in my army comp; normally I'd build one at the start of the game and that'd be that, but I've been trying to keep 3 up as Allies and have been finding I'm having a lot more luck than just building 3 squads of riflemen/tommies/conscripts backed up by one MG. So what should I be looking out for as counters to this and how do I counter the counters? Only thing that really comes to mind are half track transports dumping a squad of ass grens, panzer grens, or something like that behind my gun line. Only other thing that comes to mind is smoke mortars but as long as I've been paying attention and having my thick line with retreat points and rear guard MGs i've been able to avoid being completely overrun.

    submitted by /u/RoadTheExile
    [link] [comments]

    Performance issues in CoH1?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:34 AM PST

    I'm posting this here since I don't know where else to ask but it seems like CoH has pretty significant performance issues for me and I'm not sure why.

    I'm running this on a PC with an i9-9900K, 32 GB RAM, 2080 Super, and it is installed on an M.2 SSD. I've followed every Steam discussion and community guide to turn shaders to high, turned physics off, and checked background processes but the game still has huge frame rate issues even on 1v1 maps where there are massive dips in frames from about ~200 to 80. By end-game it could be as low as 40 FPS on small maps when approaching a unit cap of 70, which I don't think is high at all nor do I think it should be that taxing to render. Dropping graphics settings doesn't seem to alter this either. I've also tried forcing the refresh to 120 or 60 FPS.

    Any relevant post I can find on the CoH or NVIDIA forums are a couple years old at least and they all seem to be from people running relatively modest builds (for their time) and I always chalked it up to RTS's always being CPU bound but I'm surprised this game runs this poorly on a modern machine.

    Any tips or tricks?

    submitted by /u/citizenactual
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment