• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Company of Heroes COH's finest player, too bad he can't be banned.

    Company of Heroes COH's finest player, too bad he can't be banned.


    COH's finest player, too bad he can't be banned.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:03 AM PST

    Handshakes

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:57 AM PST

    I've posted quite a bit on this subreddit, but I just wanted to extend a virtual hand shake to all of you out there who share the passion of this game as I do. With almost 3k hours in this game, my sadomasochism is only increasing. While we can bicker about this is OP or that needs to be nerfed, I think we can all agree there's an element of uniqueness to this game that keeps bringing us back for more pain and grueling hour long matches. Cheers brothers, and cheers to Relic for keeping this game alive.

    submitted by /u/Spartan706
    [link] [comments]

    Frontline Reserves Doctrine

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:55 PM PST

    Hey guys, for the first time in forever, I was inspired to design a doctrine. Not that it would ever be added, but it's fun to think and talk about.

    This one's for Ostheer, and has an early war theme, particularly with ample use of captured equipment and air support available.

    0 CP: 250 Halftrack

    Buildable at the HQ after teching.

    0 CP: Panzer T-34 747(r)

    Captured T-34 tank in German service, the German variant has its MGs replaced with MG34s, with an upgrade for a pintle-mounted MG42 available. The capture ability at vet 1 is replaced by Blitz, and the ram ability is removed. Available at the HQ at T3.

    0 CP: Anti-Tank Rifles

    Pioneers can be upgraded with 2 Panzerbüsche rifles, with effectively the same performance as the PTRS on Penal Batallion units. For 45 munitions, this upgrade is quite cheap, but it doesn't give any further abilities.

    1 CP: Urban Assault Package:

    Grenadiers can be upgraded with the Urban Assault Package, which disables all weapon slots, adds a 5th squad member and gives each member an MP-717(r), which is basically a captured PPSh-41 with the same stats as those used on Shock Troops. The rifle grenade ability is also replaced by the Tactical Assault ability.

    12 CP: Stuka Close Air Support

    submitted by /u/ecmrush
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or have drops become way more common since the recent update?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:33 PM PST

    After the CoH2 update in January I can rarely finish a game without dropping myself or some other dude. Seriously the lobby seems to bug out hard as well.

    submitted by /u/PenilePain2674
    [link] [comments]

    I have a "Problem" with the community of this game [Ingame]

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:15 PM PST

    No, so far not here on reddit. Only when i am inside a PvP match.

    I love this game, I really do... But in strategy games it always has been like that, that bot games aren't compareable to online PvP matches. So far i have mostly been playing against bots and in the last days i started playing more and more online 4 vs 4 matches.

    And basically, they are a lot of fun. At least until the mentality of the players come into play.

    Just for the records: I play League of Legends, a game where people say the community is like a stereotype of toxic players... And still i find less toxicity in that game than in my CoH2 games.

    It is just insane how instantly after like 10-15 minutes you either have someone constantly starting to ping around the map with no input, calling their team noob or yelling at you just because your pioneer squad stand still for 5 seconds.

    Ping here because things don't go as someone wants it to, ping there because something seems to be there but as always no chat input again.

    Then i'm being called a noob here by two people... One is leaving the game because a mortar squad got killed, then the enemy team writes "gg" and you are basically overrun ( in my case by allied units ).

    Is it too much expected that the people out there who think they know better at least try to tell you what you want from them? Yes, i am a noob. A bot game tho, doesn't teach me about the dynamic in the online games. If you are unhappy with me doing 4 jager squads, then tell me. You need help on you side? Then tell me and i send troops over to you. If you ping random into the fog of war, then friggin tell me what is there, what else is that ping good for then?

    There is a surprisingly amount of players out there who have such a disgusting mentality and just refuse to tell you what is going wrong and what needs to be done to fix this. I am new, i don't know that. But do you guys really expect i get a constructive answer when i ask what is wrong? "The problem is that you are noob", "You are losing us the game" or "Why are you doing <insert whatever made up thing>?".

    How is that supposed to help a noob like me to improve at the game if you refuse to tell me what is going wrong, what i do wrong or what i should be doing to help when that mate is instead doing nothing but flaming me either in the team or all chat?

    I don't need a teammate to tell me that things are going wrong when 3 tanks are standing in my frontbase which is constantly under russian artillery fire but... No hate, just saying.

    As a conclusion i just wanna say to everyone out there: Speak respectfully with the people in your games and help them out with your knowledge if you have the impression that you are better than them.

    Thanks, i guess this post anyway gets deleted but this little personal rant just had to be.

    submitted by /u/Raiju_Lorakatse
    [link] [comments]

    Cant continue my saved game?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:46 PM PST

    I just bought this game earlier this week and I played the first two campaign missions last night but I had to leave so I saved and quit. When I came back today I couldn't continue the game so I figured I just forgot to save so I played the two missions again and then I took a break to eat some dinner. When I came back again though there's no option to continue or load my saved games. I then went into my file directory and under savedgames in the folder are both my saves, so why isn't it letting me continue? If it doesn't save then what's the point of playing the campaign?

    submitted by /u/M2k1000
    [link] [comments]

    Awesome CoH2 tourney game: Noggano vs. PFC in an epic battle from 'Vanilla Deluxe'

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:18 AM PST

    What to do against Allied Artillery?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:32 AM PST

    I'm mostly playing OKW and in the last few days i've been playing online against other players in 4 vs 4 matches. And in general this is a ton of fun. But i have one big problem at the moment and that is dealing with these tons of mortars, artillery, calliope's and Katjuscha's. They literally outrange everything i have and the artillery-vehicles easy reposition themself before my own LeFH's are even able to shoot at them and hit them, either manually or via counterfire. Last match, the Katjuscha even outranged my LeFH's until they had enough stars to get more range and even at that point the vehicles got out alive.
    Pushing for them usually doesn't really work, at least not alone because they often protect these things either with mines or a lot of AT and machine guns to supress my infantry. And as soon as I would use my own mortars ( which get outranged by like every other mortar and russian 120mm mortars wipe them out easy), then the vehicles fire again and wipe out most of my infantry.

    So yeah... Long story short: What can i do?

    submitted by /u/Raiju_Lorakatse
    [link] [comments]

    OBERS: LMG vs StG44; which & why?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:37 AM PST

    As a returning player the StG44 doesn't melt things like I remember -- guessing it was nerfed at some point -- leaving the question which is now the better choice StG44 or LMG?

    LMG feels better in my anecdotal experience... never say to myself "boy I wish I would have chosen the StG instead!" which says allot, I guess.... but maybe there are factors of which I'm unaware.

    • Is one or the other better for garrison defense?
    • Is one or the other better for attacking while on the move vs stationary (meaning some weapons have no movement penalty)?

    P.S. The Booby-Trap ability: is this visible to all enemy units who get into proximity or only certain classes (engineers) or no-one at all? How effective is it -- worth the munitions would you say?

    submitted by /u/S0_L337
    [link] [comments]

    Can the UC be changed to a true open-top transport?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:03 PM PST

    If it's getting a fuel cost, wouldn't it be nice if troops could fire out of it like other light transports? You could pair this change with an increase in the fuel cost to 10 or 15 and a slight buff to health or armour.

    Not sure if this would be balanced but I always thought it was silly how the troops inside just play with their dicks guns while riding.

    submitted by /u/Reason-and-rhyme
    [link] [comments]

    64 bits not working

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:34 PM PST

    hey, guys, I switch to the 64 bits version, and ich time I tried to search it says that 100% at axis, and when I join allies it says 100% searching for that. I had seen a post that was complaining about the same thing but it was 4 months ago and so people thought it was because of the low player base.

    do you know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/InspectionAny9015
    [link] [comments]

    Assault Support Doctrine is such a meme. Litterly had 4 Pz. IV´s while the enemy only started getting their first tanks.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment