• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 2, 2021

    Company of Heroes [USF] Armor Company Assault Engineers feel like having my own Sturmpioneers in the early game.

    Company of Heroes [USF] Armor Company Assault Engineers feel like having my own Sturmpioneers in the early game.


    [USF] Armor Company Assault Engineers feel like having my own Sturmpioneers in the early game.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    In 2v2 and 3v3 I have been very impressed with the early game performance of Assault Engineers and even more impressed with their late game durability once they get some vet.

    I'm curious how others are using them!

    submitted by /u/PenitentAnomaly
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on handling close the pocket

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Here is the sequence of events that has turned games on its head:

    1. Wehr player saves up enough munis
    2. Neutralizes a territory with stuka bomb
    3. Immediately turns on close the pocket
    4. Allied players retreat everything they can
    5. All non-retreatable support weapons and vehicles get destroyed
    6. Some retreating units and/or units not retreated get wiped out

    To me, this seems like an ability, that with just two skill-clicks completely changes the game.

    I know its important to keep munis away from axis players, but that just delays it, does not prevent it.

    How do you "counter" this?

    Edit: Added an actual question.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/letsGetFired
    [link] [comments]

    What's in your opinon the easiest faction to learn from scratch?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 04:17 PM PDT

    Hello there,

    I'm a relatively new player. I bought the game a few years ago and played it on and off ever since. So far the only faction i've played in mulitplayer is USF in 1v1s (which is my preffered mode) and i've got about 200 games so far with ~50% winrate.

    My favourite doctrine is USF Mechanised. I feel like its pretty powerful especially in the late-early game/early-mid game and it peaks in power somewhere in between the 5 and 15 minute mark. It slowly starts falling off after that point and i've had quite a lot of trouble closing out games against axis factions once their tanks come out.

    As i just came back to the game recetly (since the new balance patch was released), i'm still trying to get a grip on the game and improve my gameplay. I feel like my biggest shortcomings, compared to other players of my level, are infantry perservation and team weapon positioning/management.

    I was wondering if i should try something new, so i'd be really thankful if anyone could recommend another faction or even some specific commanders which could suit my preferences, but also be relaively easy and forgiving for an unexperienced player.

    submitted by /u/Cold-Recipe
    [link] [comments]

    Teamgame Axis vs Allies rant (sorry)

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    I think most can agree with the fact that axis has a higher winrate in teamgames and I'll try to be as non-biased I can. For me(A player of all factions) axis is just dumber to play in general, stronger mgs, retreating AT-gun, panther dives, bundle grenades and super-heavy tank destroyers. All which allows for less micro, less thinking before locking commanders or strategies. I need to remind you that I actually think Coh is pretty balanced, this is more a post about the work that needs to be put in for the factions to shine. Some could argue that is imbalance but I'm not going there.

    But here is the list that I have issues with, and whats dumbing down the gameplay.

    Zis-3 reload

    It's so long that a Panther can drive past it with only 1 shot getting fired, which means that if the SU-85 for example also bounces the shot, the panther is immune against snares from cons, and you have free reign to kill the tank destroyer. Makes dive plays way to rewarding without consideration. Overall soviets is under par when it comes to infantry vs infantry combat lategame(lacking all instant impact damage i.e grenades). So you want to be able to atleast have a T-34 that can occasionally fire on some infantry without getting chased down by a panther.

    Raketenwerfer

    The retreat button. They took away the stealth for the really dumb plays to just walk it into backline and shoot artillery and then bail out. But they gave it 5 models, which makes it really elusive vs artillery, grenades and rifle fire. The amount of raketen that I see in top 100 matches that accidentally rolls up way to far because people attack move them, is something nobody would do with other AT guns. I get the feeling some people are getting pushed a little too high thanks to the stupidity OKW allows. And this is also after a the nerf that AT crews get killed faster from infantry fire, doesn't seem to affect the raketen to much. Just let go of the "identity" and make the use of it smarter.

    Bundle grenades on units that can walk trough a fair bit of Mg suppression

    Obersoldaten and Pgrens is pretty hard to supress with allied mgs when they have some vet. Put that together with the fact most allied mgs have small firing arcs, and you get dead support weapons. Either have the units be good vs suppresion or bundle grenades NOT both. I don't want to see people run or crawl against mgs only to see them succeed. P.S whole reddit seem to think you should git gud and use smoke for MG42s. But why? When you also could play axis and walk slowly against them and throw a grenade

    Super-heavy TDs

    Jagdtiger does not NEED a HE ability. 40 munition get out of jail free card, to deal with the counters. Elefant does not NEED target weak point. Mines and snares exist for slowing down flanking attacks, atm its just there for solo killing a slighty mismicroed allied tank.

    Breaktrough doctrine and Jaeger armor doctrine

    highest teamgame winrates, not a surprise. Thought that the removal of stuka dive bomb from Jaeger armor and IL-2 bombing strike from Mechanized support tactics it would be a pleasant improvement. I was wrong... The assault artillery was still there and Stuka anti-tank strafe is stronger and more useful than Stuka dive bomb ever were. It can kill multiple TDs or mobile artillery pieces in 1 go and the red smoke is misleading (the damage is split that it kills at the beginning and the end of the strafe, middle leaves a gap. TESTED)

    God bless, to the soon removed counter battery atleast. Thought I'd never see the day. easy mode button number 1, have fun smoking mg42s with mortars that suck artillery fire all over it.

    rant over

    submitted by /u/theredfiddler
    [link] [comments]

    COH2 Meta -- Better Factions?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Are all the factions closely balanced or do 2-3 factions stand out as stronger? Thanks, am returning to the game after some years and looking to focus on 1-2 factions

    EDIT: interested in PvP 1v1 and 2v2

    submitted by /u/pardo2k
    [link] [comments]

    Statistics of all Infantry Units?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    I wonder if there is a sheet with Infantry units, because the Company of Heroes fandom wiki sometimes misses information, for example health. I want to compare Infantry units but cant because of the missing information.

    submitted by /u/Sigismund_III_Vasa_
    [link] [comments]

    Does ooorah and veteran training intel bulletin cds on conscripts stack?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    Thats my q for the day

    submitted by /u/Traditional_Moose286
    [link] [comments]

    4v4 Disconnects

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Anyone else finding that any 4v4 game will run for about 5-15 minuted and then spam disconnection notices prior dumping the game as a defeat?

    submitted by /u/rockowwc
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a option to not shoot down planes ?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:26 AM PDT

    Like setting our AA/MG guns to only target ground units and never shoot down planes.

    After the patch I have still see cases of planes destroying and killing my low health unit.

    submitted by /u/royal_steed
    [link] [comments]

    How the heck is Elo ranked?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    Is the Elo system super messed up in this game? Can someone explain this to me?

    I played a random 2v2 as OKW, my 2v2 automatch rank was 734. I got matched with some other 700-ish teammate against the #1 arranged team (chrono something and jagdpanzer), after my team lost, I checked my Elo and it was not 854! How the hell does a 700 rank player with a random lose over 100 spots to the #1 ranked arranged team?? It gets even weirder... I play the next match and its another arranged team, this time not very good, rank 1880-ish, my team WINS, and...my Elo drops(!!) another 50 spots to rank 903.
    WTF. What the hell is going on with the ranking system? How can you lose Elo to an arranged team (number 1 spot no less)? Why did I lose Elo after a win?

    submitted by /u/CryptoPaulus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with autohotkeys

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:11 AM PDT

    The script works on everything except CoH2.

    #IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2

    h::left

    k::right

    u::up

    j::down

    b::numpad0

    XButton1::MButton

    submitted by /u/St0neyTec
    [link] [comments]

    Are ass grens op in 2v2?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Can this shit matchmaking match me with people from my region?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    Getting Chinese teammates who refuse to communicate and will randomly abandon the side you spawn on is the most obnoxious thing when trying to rank up its infuriating

    submitted by /u/ImTheEnigma
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever coh match after a 2 week withdrawal

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    • be me
    • rant in the comments about incompetent randoms who take the fun out of the game by playing
    • decide to quit coh
    • start a comeback 2 weeks later
    • search as Soviets bc 88% searching as axis
    • 2v2 on a map I hate: Railways and metal
    • build a sniper, he countersniped it. I actually felt relieved, bc his grenadier would have been enough to kill my sniper anyway
    • build a 2nd sniper, he one shotted it with p4 on retreat
    • build t-70, chased his sniper, get surprised by early Pak 40, decides to attack anyway then, bc offense is the best defense, got killed by a sprinting gren with faust
    • speculation: he either went for jli or Blitzkrieg
    • build the t-70 building again by accident
    • build a 3rd sniper (it seems like a good idea after his sniper died and to counter his one mg and 4-man-grens). It died by gren lmg
    • since no infantry left, build KV-1 for anti infantry capabilities
    • flanked my mates' side and managed to kill one ostwind, drove over a mine tho
    • 2 paks, 2 panthers and one command p4 rush my kv-1
    • speculations confirmed: he indeed went for Blitzkrieg
    • surrendered
    • decides to uninstall coh again

    Edit: Genuinely surprised how this post did not make front page yet...should I have used the meme flair?

    submitted by /u/huan-son88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment