• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 11, 2021

    Company of Heroes *Warcrime intensifies*

    Company of Heroes *Warcrime intensifies*


    *Warcrime intensifies*

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Dynamic unit costs

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    [Read this post in the context of 4v4s]

    After watching SkippyFX destroy a multitude of Axis (super)heavy tanks and still almost lose, I pondered whether the current system of heavy call-ins penalizes the player enough for letting a heavy die.

    I don't believe it does. With the state of 4v4s, losing a heavy late-game usually does not have a huge impact on the outcome of the game and after the dispatch ability recharges you can instantly or soon thereafter call in another heavy. While your heavy is gone, you can use your other units to maintain your position on the battlefield and, assuming they're competent, your teammates can help you recover.

    Therefore, I believe that a positive change would be to introduce dynamic unit costs, which would mean an increase in the price of a heavy call in each time you use the ability. This would encourage more careful micro-ing of heavies while also better rewarding players who manage to kill one. An even more extreme solution would be to permit only a certain amount of heavies to be called in.

    I can foresee two big counter-arguments to this proposed change. Firstly, you could say that less heavies would mean less fun in the lategame. To that I'd react by saying that it's not too fun to fight your 3rd Königstiger in a single game. Secondly, you could argue that this would unfairly affect OKW. I believe that this argument is fair, considering that OKW is the only faction with a non-doctrinal superheavy. However, I'd say that by the lategame vet 5 OKW infantry is more than strong enough for this change to still be considered fair.

    Although it is likely too late to implement this change to this game (maybe the next one) dynamic unit costs could also apply to other units, like machine guns and mortars, to disincentivize supply weapon spam.

    What do you think? Am I underestimating the effect of letting a heavy die in a round?

    submitted by /u/lalancz
    [link] [comments]

    [Opinion] USF is the hardest faction to play?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi All

    I am a mid-ranked player with almost 500hr on the game and I am writing my opinion based on my own experience, which I believe would be true for players with similar ranks. If you have any objections, I would be happy to hear your comments. But I should say that it is not a rant!

    So let me start:

    My understanding of the COH2 is that having a proper army composition is the most important part of the game. I mean, your army regardless of the faction, should include both anti-infantry and anti-tank elements and within these two, having an MG to suppress waves of the enemy infantry and an AT to harass vehicles (and support your MG in their role against LVs and tanks) is essential.

    Now, the main issue with the USF is that the build order forces you to choose between one of these, Having an MG or an AT (unless you go for a special commander). This can be a great issue since choosing the MG would mean that you need to rely on bazookas (50 munis each) on your rear echelon with a lower range and damage than a normal AT gun. On the other hand, if you go for captain and then AT, you would have problems with the enemies rushing toward your units and you don't have the ability to suppress (locking the point) them as you would have with the other teams.

    I understand it is possible to go double officer and get both MG and AT, however, doing this would not only cost more fuel to achieve something that other factions don't need to face, but it would also stop you from getting any light vehicle unless you pay additional fuel for the specific tech up.

    Saying all these, I believe to compensate for the lack of these elements, USF players need to have an extra micro ability which can be quite hard for mid to low-ranked players. In fact, in my case, after most USF games I feel extra tired comparing to any other faction.

    PS: I do not say nerf or buff something. I am totally aware of the fact that to comment on such changes, one needs to have more experience than me. So, just take this as a piece of an idea that could be right or wrong.

    submitted by /u/Metallurgist1
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with british blobs and early emplacements?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to the game, I have around 170 hours. I started playing multiplayer in the past few months and sometimes I encounter UKF players, who just rushes at me with 3 or 4 infantry sections and dealing incredible amount of damage, forcing me to retreat, and then they are building a bofors and mortar pit on a VP and they do it again on the other two. I'm mostly playing as OKW btw. and unfortunately I have no acces to an mg at the start. how can i stand up against such a thing?

    PS.: Sorry for my english if it's bad.

    submitted by /u/Blyner12
    [link] [comments]

    Why is USF the only faction without non-doc standard mines??

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    Seriously, it is kinda silly to me. It makes no sense to me why ONE faction doesn't have non doc solid mines. It is particularly frustrating for me in team games, since I have to choose between mines and rocket arty, both are extremely useful and needed. PLEASEEEEE change this, it seems silly to me. )X

    submitted by /u/EnthusiasmNext3778
    [link] [comments]

    What did the Grenadier said when they got promoted?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:00 PM PDT

    "We have been promoted but does that include any brownies??"

    This is a legitimate question. There is no pun. Dont mind my English

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Bowl-505
    [link] [comments]

    New Battlegrounds - Qtr Final: heroic undergdog battles the mighty Kimbo tooth and nail!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    [Soviet] Guards Airborne Troops, PPsh or DP Light Machine Guns and why?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    I'm curious how the honorable members of the subreddit are using this unit.

    In my brain and in my Soviet Heart, I want this unit to be like a cheaper Soviet Version of USF Airborne.

    Free PPsh upgrade or 100 munis for 3x DP Light Machines Guns?

    submitted by /u/PenitentAnomaly
    [link] [comments]

    Public lobby refresh button doesn't work

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    That's it really, drives me nuts

    submitted by /u/KlocborSzczerbor
    [link] [comments]

    OKW should be able to build caches.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    It doesn't matter 1v1/2v2 because nobody builds them

    It doesn't matter in 3v3/4v4 because if you don't your teammates will.

    Not being able to build is an inconvenience and being able to doesn't make them stronger nor weaker at all.

    The only situation that matters is when all of your teammates in 3v3/4v4 are OKW then it's almost insta-lose for the axis.

    submitted by /u/greanthai420
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of the Firestorm Commander

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 01:20 AM PDT

    First, I am new at this game, but I don't think, the Firestorm Commander is useful. Can someone explain to me, what are the good point of it. In my opinion, the Hetzer comes to late, the Blitz Truck is online useful on very big maps and the Otter stuff also isn't great. Am I wrong?

    submitted by /u/Morre22
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back to play coh2, can anyone please pass me some discord links for teamgames discords?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    About me:

    I'm a chill guy who's decent at coh2 teamgames.

    I've played a bit of everything, right now favouring USF Calliope doctrines and Ostruppen doctrines.

    submitted by /u/Atomic_Gandhi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment