• Breaking News

    Monday, November 25, 2019

    Company of Heroes T70 vs Königstiger

    Company of Heroes T70 vs Königstiger


    T70 vs Königstiger

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:13 AM PST

    Osttruppen doctrine [1v1]

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:52 PM PST

    I started using it in 1v1 and now I pick it every game. With osttruppen being so cheap, I can often out-cap the enemy early. They provide a great screen if i want to go sniper against UKF/USF. I will still get one grenadier squad to defend my support weapons with his LMG. But 2-3 more osttruppen lets me cover the map quite well and makes it very hard for the enemy to infiltrate a cutoff or retake captured territory without sending multiple units. They still have fausts which is awesome, they can build their own cover and even barb wire it. (if I pick any other commander i'm immediately annoyed by the fact that my pio is the only unit that can manipulate cover).

    Then there is the artillery officer, another sweet unit. While the osttruppen are defending flanks, support weapons, etc, the Officer and a Pgren make an awesome assault team. Run into an MG or vehicle? just call in smoke on it. It's speedy and free. Now the pgren can rush in and wipe out the weapon team. The other abilities are equally awesome, Diversion lets the officer survive focused fire as he closes the gap (his squad has actually quite high close DPS) and Concentrated Fire improves the DPS of all your units in a big firefight, it even increases vehicle reload speed so you can get an edge in a tank duel.

    The last two doctrinal abilities aren't used as frequently but still serve a purpose. Supply drop has a high cost, but if you need AT immediately then it's an option, osttruppen are obviously really good for crewing team weapons. and railway artillery is saved for that final epic battle, combined with heavy mortar support and panzerwerfer barrage from the artillery officer i can deny a massive area to the enemy and prevent his support weapons, especially AT guns, from obtaining an effective position to fire.

    Well I just wanted to rave for a bit about how much this commander fits how I want to play Ostheer. I'm very low on the ladder still at rank 6 1v1 but my winrate is pretty good since i started picking this commander every game. I would love to hear advice from better wehr players about how to best use it and what counters i may end up facing.

    submitted by /u/Reason-and-rhyme
    [link] [comments]

    The state of UKF

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:27 AM PST

    Throughout nearly all of the latest tournament series, and in my general grinding of the UKF faction, they are, in my opinion, the weakest faction at the moment.

    All of this is my opinion stated below, and I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on the matter of the UKF. I predominantly play 2v2s with a friend on comms, so the opinions of the units might differ in the other game types.

    Let's start with Infantry:

    The adjustment to Tommie damage behind cover makes them fall behind Sturmpioneer/Volks pushes, and the prices for teching really puts you behind the Axis factions. And while their damage output is still insane when you give them Brens or VGOs, it's still a huge manpower and munitions sink to get them to that level.

    Sappers are great, but not the best. I think they're better with the flamethrower upgrade than anything else, but that's doctrinal. Their damage output at close-range really pales in comparison to Sturmpioneers.

    The Sniper is nearly always a must-have with my build orders, but because Tommies don't have snares, which are in themselves relegated to Tier 2, there've been a few times where my Sniper has been chased back to base by a 222 or a Luchs.

    Now onto armour:

    The AEC is a great infantry killer, but it's also a glass cannon that needs to be watched constantly. The T-70 and Stuart have an advantage over it due to them being impervious to infantry fire. I still remember this hilarious moment in a 4v4 where I killed 3 AECs with AP Incendiary ammo on an MG-42, due to a player's terrible micro. The armoured car still has benefits, coming from the aforementioned infantry-killing potential, and the fact that it's the only other light vehicles that has smoke, apart from the M20s. The unit can stand up against a Luchs and Puma, and tears apart 221s and 222s, but players need to watch out for Panzerfausts and early AT guns a lot more than with the other tanks.

    The Cromwell is the worst medium tank, in my opinion. It bounces shots of Panzer IVs, it's accuracy against infantry isn't the best, and there've been times where it misses point-blank shots against de-crewed team weapons. I'd much rather pull a Sherman or T-34/76 with the USF and USSR respectively, because of those two tanks' efficiency against infantry and enemy medium armour, barring the Panther. It's accuracy really gets me, compared to the T-34 and Sherman variants.

    As for the Firefly, much like the Jackson, having two of them is always a plus. The Jackson is still the pinnacle of Allied tank destroyers, so the Firefly's long reload speed compared to the Jackson and SU-85 sort of snub it for effectiveness. The Tulip Rockets are a costly munitions sink that you need to aim manually, which means that they can miss. Positioning is always a focal point with TDs, but the Firefly is arguably the most expensive TD of the bunch, and doesn't get much back for its cost.

    For the Anvil and Hammer tanks, /u/reporogue did a great writeup on them for 1v1s, which you can find here. From my 2v2 experience, the Churchill is always the go-to choice, due to their Heavy Tanks classification and the benefits that come from it. In my opinion, they're a better infantry killer than the Cromwell and AEC, and can survive twice as long, putting fear into Panzer IVs in the late-game matches. In regards to Comets, they're better in larger quantities, as are most tanks, but I always feel a bit safer with two Churchills and an AVRE than two Comets. The times where I've used Comets for the most part, I've always had a call-in tank to lead them, in the form of an AVRE or Crocodile.

    Conclusions:

    In my opinion, UKF is really only 'okay' compared to the other Allied factions. They hae a lot of great potential, but it comes at a cost of being incredibly expensive, requiring you to manage the units a lot more than the other Allies. I don't have any solutions for buffs, but I'd still like there to be some love given to them in the future.

    submitted by /u/Call_me_ET
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Expert AI cheat on its mortar shots?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    I've just started playing against EXPERT and on two occasions it landed impossible shots with its mortar.

    The first time, I was taking particular care to micro my infantry inside the cap point, but it landed two consecutive shots on them. OK, coincidence. The second time, the consecutive shots first struck my RE team, and then as I retreated them, it also struck bullseye on their retreat path, wiping them. Now, this might be another coincidence, sure, but it's starting to get annoying. Is it just my imagination? What are your experiences with this?

    submitted by /u/MaxRavenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Lost 2 obersoldaten squads because of this glitch, they have no ui, wtf?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 09:46 AM PST

    The proper way to kill a Jag

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 11:18 PM PST

    All my classes got cancelled so part 5 of my level 1-16 stream will be starting at 1pm Mountain Standard time today (GMT-7)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:42 AM PST

    Best ways to fight Axis in 3v3s and 4v4s?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:29 AM PST

    So I'm no stranger to this game, but I'm quite irritated at the moment dealing with Axis as allies in team games. It feels as though every game one of my allies loses their match up, I get doubled off my point, the Germans bring in a machine gunner and artillery and I feel as though the game is over by that point.

    My strength is in armor, but it feels as though the game is over by that point. When I call in a t70 or a stuart the Germans already have panzerfaust spam or worse, sturmpios with Panzershreks. How is the best way to deal with Axis and 2v1s as USSR/USF

    submitted by /u/LightningDustt
    [link] [comments]

    commander recommendations

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:45 AM PST

    as a newbie i mostly play wehrmacht and british,which commanders you recommend that i should get while its on sale

    submitted by /u/shezofrene
    [link] [comments]

    afk score in automatch

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 01:25 AM PST

    Been thinking...because a lot of my losses are directly attributable to afk teammates, that you should get an afk score, and it gets worse and worse with each additional minute you're afk.

    As a result of your afk score, it is a mechanic to be considered in automatch after rank, that will make you more likely to be paired up with other players with a history of afk. Your best way to lower your afk score, is to not be afk at the start of rounds.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/SuperJew113
    [link] [comments]

    How tf do I use USF Recon Company?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 11:43 PM PST

    I picked up Recon Company again after dropping it for awhile after seeing a post about how much better the M8 is to the Stuart. But I just feel like I'm gettin spanked lol. 4CP usually feels too late for the Greyhound to feel like its making a significant difference. What am I doing wrong?

    ALSO, how are you supposed to fight those little OKW flak emplacements? I send inf, armor, grenades and they shred everything I send, its infuriating

    submitted by /u/JohnLawrence237
    [link] [comments]

    USF how to fight Kubel

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 10:15 PM PST

    OKW players often make one early Kubel. And though the unit is made for stealthy capture plays it deals tons of damage to my riflemen. If I was playing Soviet then I'd have my M3 chase it and kill it.

    The OKW player just keep it far away and use it like a T70 and there is nothing I can do about it as far as I know. How do you guys fight it?

    submitted by /u/Argensa97
    [link] [comments]

    Does Axis need a change?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:01 AM PST

    The tourney ended recently and in the upper brackets of the tourney pro's hardly played OST and mostly played OKW and in the previous tourney it was mostly OKW and Brits (strange to see no Brits in this tourney though). Does Axis need a change to make OST more appealing and OKW less so (or equally so). Since Brits weren't played as much maybe it's due to defensive factions being boring to play.

    submitted by /u/thetruerhy
    [link] [comments]

    [Troubleshooting] Ardennes Assault consistently crashing about 10-20 mins into a game regardless of which company mission I play. 40% campaign completion so far.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    As per title. Shit's pretty annoying.

    Haven't had any crashes until this point in the campaign. 8700k 1070ti 16gb ram Drivers all up to scratch

    submitted by /u/DingusDong
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment