• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 17, 2020

    Company of Heroes UKF Doctrine Concept: Improved Armour Regiment

    Company of Heroes UKF Doctrine Concept: Improved Armour Regiment


    UKF Doctrine Concept: Improved Armour Regiment

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    As UKF doesn't have an armour regiment, I might as well try to come up with a doctrine that does.

    1. 0 CP: Valentine XI tanks can be built from the Company Command Post. Same costs as the one from Royal Artillery.
    2. 0 CP: 50. cal pintle mounts can be upgraded on tanks.
    3. 1 CP: Fire Support Engineer: a 280mp engineer squad that can repair faster, and does better at close range. Can upgrade PIATs that allow for a high explosive round to be fired as an ability.
    4. 4 CP: Repair and Capture: Tanks can trigger this ability to repair their own tanks, and capture a point if they are on one. However, tank can be abandoned when shot at during the process - like a reloading sturmtiger.
    5. 9CP: Tank veteran recrew and refit: Select a comet or churchill tank, and replace it with an ace crew and finnicky add-ons to give it statuses of a heavy tank. E.g. Dodging and improvised armour from the refit gives the comet more armour, weak point targetting and better ammunition allows the churchill to penetrate thicker armour.

    The tank veteran recrew and refit costs 160 manpower and 60 fuel. Probably gives the tank a respective skin like the tiger ace and a change to the symbol indicating it, but no graphic addons. Can only be done to 1 comet or 1 churchill tank.

    submitted by /u/YandereTeemo
    [link] [comments]

    18 AT-Grenades VS 1 Full Health Panzer

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Since UKF engies have to be on snare duty, is it possible to remove the slow penalty from the heavy engineers upgrade?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    I mean it's an expensive tier 3.5 upgrade that is essential to not make a 320mp completely combat redundant anywhere past the mid game. I don't think massive roaming blobs of heavy engies are going to become a balance concern at any point but as any brit player knows chasing a vehicle to snare it with the slowest infantry in the game is a depressing affair.

    Nobody builds engies for any other reason than they have to and if you're going to force us to make a squishy 320mp unit with barely any combat utility, at least make it so its only decent upgrade doesn't ruin its ability to perform one of its key tasks, since the UKF snare can't be on regular infantry like every other faction.

    submitted by /u/EddieShredder40k
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the most out of the USF M1 75mm Pack Howitzer?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    I only recently started using this light artillery piece somewhat regularly, and I wanted to understand its use and mechanics.

    1. Once you unlock HEAT shells, is there a reason to use the normal barrage? IIRC, they don't cost anything and are supposed to do more damage to vehicles (if you get lucky and hit them). They also have a big fiery explosion for a visual effect, does that mean they do more AOE damage like the Sherman's HE shell?

    2. I got lucky once and landed some autofire shots on a stationary halftrack that was trying to sneak up on my howitzer, but is there a reliable way to target vehicles with this thing? I often fire shells into the fog of war where I think they are trying to repair, but are there other ways to do this?

    submitted by /u/USSZim
    [link] [comments]

    The quarintine can be lonely...

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    at least we have some company!

    submitted by /u/toothynoodly
    [link] [comments]

    222 Scout Car is my main bitch.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    UC is too op. Needs a nerf

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Best spawn anywhere units?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    So we have 5 factions. We have Commando, Fall, Para and Storm and so on. I was having fun with Fallschrim lol

    submitted by /u/DownvoteMaster98
    [link] [comments]

    Tomorrow is lockdown! Who's ready for some playtime?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Less work means I can get an extra time in this game! Or you called it overtime lol!

    submitted by /u/AdorableKiwi16
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't US players use medics more often? They could literally leave the medic at the Soviet player's base and save their teammate 250 manpower.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    I'm talking about the medics that use the ambulance.

    Edit: I've seen the opposite of this where a USF player gave me their ambulance and used their medics themselves. This definitely helps Soviets by having a free halftrack with healing abilities instead of 240 MP and 30 fuel for one that doesn't, but I don't know if it's realistically a good strategy?

    submitted by /u/Paradox-ical_Major
    [link] [comments]

    The 2v2 Holy Grail - this INCREDIBLE game is recommended to us by both of these elite teams!!!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    Is there a way to to make ai only produce specific units [mod]

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    As the title says.

    I want to have a game where the ai will only produce specific units.

    So instead of having all kinds of possible units i want something where they only spawn tanks or only infantry. I tried searching for something like it but couldnt find anything

    submitted by /u/Racer911-1
    [link] [comments]

    How big is Automatch range?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I played a 2v2 with my mate just a while ago. We queued for ~2-3 minutes and as a lvl 8 allied team and got matched against lvl 17 OST and lvl 10 OKW players. I've seen info that the elo range extends only after 5 minutes of searching. Anyone knows how it works and is there a way to prevent getting matched with someone a few hundreds or thousands ranks apart. I'd rather wait for a few minutes longer than play against such opponents

    submitted by /u/Jaqbek55
    [link] [comments]

    Fights without kv-1

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    Most of the games, no one produce KV-1Its quite weak IMO. I thought that we could upgrade KV-1 in the game.
    *Upgrading gun to ZiS-5

    *Upgrading turret to kv-1s

    It would be great to see more KV-1 in the games.

    submitted by /u/Mikarin20
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop being suck as the game progressing ?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    In any game mode. I tend to be a pro player in early game because that's pretty easy. But when the game started to progress, my Pro skill started to fade away. There's a halftrack at that point and my soldiers is at another point. There's just too many ground to cover. And.. The enemy will always get the first tank.

    Game usually lasts 10-20 minutes and when I see the enemy took some sector's that I cannot defend, then I give up. I come with infantry, there's mg. I bring a damn tank there's AT gun. Then the enemy will take all the sectors and I'm dead.

    Lol even I get the upper hand like "Ha I get to put my MG here first" but then loss anyway.

    submitted by /u/AdorableKiwi16
    [link] [comments]

    How do I counter advanced emplacements?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I had to delete the previous post because I was so pissed off when I made it.

    Last game when I was playing it, I saw his doctrine in the loading screen I tried to prepare for the shitstorm that's about to happen. That bearded asshole is about to make my bad day even worse. I was playing ostheer btw.

    So the enemy started out by building 2 machineguns and getting hold of two consecutive points in buildings, so I naturally went for the mortars.

    However, after the entire commotion they've built two sets of bofors in between the three points, preventing me access.

    When I target the bofors with my mortars, they get barraged by both the mortar emplacements and counter barrage ability.

    I then found that counter barrage costs no munitions and it targets things inside my base - how ridiculous is that?

    Even with constant repositioning, it's not enough to beat the bofors, so I just left naturally.

    Seriously, how do you play against this?

    submitted by /u/YandereTeemo
    [link] [comments]

    Four kills in a 25 minute match, he was playing the entire time. Not AFK once.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    [1v1/2v2 Victory Points] Is the Bofors too powerful?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    So I'm a US main, and I like to play some matches for fun with my friends. We do stuff like vs AI usually, but sometimes we'll play each other. My friend is an adamant British main, and it's lead to me having some second thoughts about the bofors. If I'm spelling it wrong, it's because I never play Britain and I'm spelling off of memory. So take this analysis with a grain of salt, because I am talking from experience on the receiving end and with testimony from my friend.

    1. The Bofors is efficient.

    2. The Bofors is durable.

    Starting at the top, the Bofors is a terrifying force. Despite being labeled for use against light vehicles, it can outgun a Sherman in a 1v1 slugfest. The entire US army armor repertoire is no match for the automatic cannon's might. It can single-handedly take out whatever the US throws directly at it. Infantry? Suppressed. Vehicles? Exploded. Smoke it and then charge with infantry? Good luck, you have a few seconds to throw grenades before it's back online. The only way to take this thing out is if you swarm it with stuff that can't be suppressed, which is an incredibly expensive endeavor that comes into play far too late to be of any use.

    It's durability contributes to its ability to fight anything you put in its way. The obvious solution to a static target is to barrage it with howitzers and mortars. But this is not the case, because the Bofors has a health pool like no other. In the game that prompted this post, my friend had a Bofors locking down the central victory point, and one locking down the rightmost victory point. So, I started making howitzers. I got 2 howitzers, my major, and a howitzer tank to fire a coordinated barrage on the center one. It took the 4 of them so long to kill it, that my opponent had time to rally defenses and storm the howitzers and force a retreat. A focused barrage was barely able to take it down, and it wasn't until I flanked the tank back around a minute later that I had successfully destroyed it. That is an enormous amount of punishment for something to take, and the fact that I had to devote a significant portion of my economy solely to get those minor gains is absurd. That whole time he was producing infantry, which meant he had a force to counter my howitzers on the ready. I couldn't afford to make defenses for the howitzers, because I had to blow all my money on the guns to kill his cannon. It puts the attacker at a massive disadvantage not just in troop power, but in troop composition. If he hadn't pushed back and I had blown up the Bofors without a hitch, now what am I supposed to do? I've spent the past 10 minutes diverting my income to anti-building weapons, and now I'm in a situation where I need to push an objective.

    Now I'm not gonna say that the Bofors is OP, or that I'm good enough to know the depths of everything this gun has to offer, but as a US player, I think the Bofors stands as the most potent force the British have. It comes with a gun stronger than the Jackson, a healthpool higher than the Pershing, and a threat range far enough to make infantry wet themselves just by the sound.

    What downsides does the Bofors have that keeps it in balance with the rest of the things on offer in CoH2? What works against it? I usually use Heavy Cavalry Company, using smoke barrages to cover my infantry's tracks and keep them blind to my position, but I have no muscles strong enough to destroy one. It doesn't matter how sneaky I am, because stealth doesn't kill.

    submitted by /u/GootPoot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment