• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Company of Heroes Penal soldier upgraded with PTRS, circa 1944

    Company of Heroes Penal soldier upgraded with PTRS, circa 1944


    Penal soldier upgraded with PTRS, circa 1944

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Early christmas gift as USF

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Nobody created this yet. this is my first time editing pictures xD

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Goliath Bait

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    7 years of feedback and patches later, we still don't have AFK detection. Relic sucks succulent assholes.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    My first thoughts / toxic players

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster. I've been playing coh2 online for a few weeks now and I wanted to share my experience and first impressions with you as a community.

    Firstly, I love the game. Best RTS I've ever experienced and I can't wait to develop my skills and get better. This is one RTS game where being a noob takes a lot of persistence to power through. I got into Coh2 with the campaign then watching SkippyFX's YouTube videos (whish are absolutely awesome) before making the transition to online play.

    My main issue with the game overall is the community and dealing with it as a new and developing player. I've had a variety of games over the last weeks which an unfortunate majority are very toxic teammates who do nothing but complain and name call for the first 10 mins before getting very aggressive and base killing...this seems to be more common than one would hope.

    Being called a noob isn't the worst thing, especially when you are one, but how is a player supposed to improve when a teammate takes out all his aggression on new and inexperienced players? Its hard for me to play more than 2 games in a row without giving up and feeling squashed and dissapointed.

    Its such a shame this game is being ruined by a (hopefully unrepresentative) few, but it is easily enough to put people off playing. I'm not sure how many more toxic rounds I can be bothered with before packing in completely. The good games of Coh2 are awesome and I absolutely love the game, then one toxic match ruins it all and I log off for a few days. I wish there was more that could be done.

    submitted by /u/Lewy-G
    [link] [comments]

    The Vet 3 Stuart Stalks it's prey, The Paras will have to wait for their turn.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    pls stop

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Raketen Performance— Retreat Function

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Is there any consideration of removing the ability again? I believe that the Raketen is the best overall AT gun on the game, largely because it is so easy to use offensively and defensively. It remains hard to wipe without heavy artillery or rockets. To my mind, the retreat function makes it so powerful that it borders on over-performing for being T0 and its manpower cost

    submitted by /u/Flying_Burrito_Bro
    [link] [comments]

    How do you counter ppsh conscripts?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    They're pretty good, being able to win against assault grenadiers, and pretty much every axis unit in a 1 on 1 fight. I'd also rather not go machinegun spam if I could.

    I'm also experimenting on ppsh conscripts as well when I play soviets, so I'm trying to understand it better.

    submitted by /u/YandereTeemo
    [link] [comments]

    Weird stuff happening with the ostherr

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    My main army is ostherr and from a little time back the weirdest stuff is been happening, specially with tanks, so i was playing some games and i thougt my micro was just horrible, my tanks dying like flies every single match, i could get them to get vet 1 even, so, i was on this 4v4, and then it happened, i ordered my ostwind to retreat to base to get some repairs, it was a straight line path, and then, the thing just started spinnig around (the rear was facing towards my base), and then it went on the weirdest path, the stuff started to move towards the enemy and then monde in a perpendicular direction to the path to the base, in that spinning and moving, my ostwing got smoked and the same thing happened to a panzer 4, it starts to retreat and the just stops spins and then, reversing againg, or getting smoked, i don't know if it happened to someone else, i'm gerting so frustrated about this, i can't get my tanks to survive because of thar weird stuff the started to do, sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker, so i hope you guys can understand

    submitted by /u/caliman1111
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Anyone looking to play some CoH2? I'll play the first one even, let's just do a nice comp stomp

    submitted by /u/Dargon34
    [link] [comments]

    COH 2 stuck on loading screen!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Hi! I just updated my game today and now it won't start at all. It's stuck at the loading screen (where's there's COMPANY OF HEROES 2 written).

    I tried some fixes online including validating files and writing -refresh 60 etc in launch options but none of that worked.

    Is anyone else having this problem too recently? Does anyone know a fix?

    Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/ibtehajmunir009
    [link] [comments]

    High level 2v2 builds vs 1v1 pro builds

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I watch a fair amount of high level 1v1 games.

    Do you think that 1v1 builds scale to 2v2? Or is the build "different?"

    I run into trouble in long skinny maps with things like a three or four conscript open, and wonder if I should be tackling 2v2 as completely different builds or if I'm not using the tools I have as well.

    If you play high level 2s, have watched, streamed, or casted a high level two game, feel welcome to post and I'll take a look!

    submitted by /u/nathanfreeze
    [link] [comments]

    Are player reports worth doing? You can’t play with other players without someone going off the rails.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I uninstalled this games years ago because of how toxic the community had become. I got back into it recently and I see there is a "code of conduct" now but that doesn't really seem to deter people.

    I've played 3 matches today and all 3 of them had trolls. Raging about teammates and then forcing a team to lose.

    Are bans ever given out and how easy are they to circumvent? I just want to play this game without all the hate.

    submitted by /u/Bancroft28
    [link] [comments]

    [CoH1 Steam "Relaunch"] How to load custom maps?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    I've searched through this subreddit and steam forums and all places suggest to copy maps to "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\ww2\scenarios". I've done this, and my maps aren't showing up.

    Specifically, I created a map way back in 2009 that I want to check out again. I have the SGA file, and it's in the correct folder, but when I load up CoH I don't see the map.

    submitted by /u/chipit24
    [link] [comments]

    00:01:46 teamkiller

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Stalin fighting killing his own... Wait, he was already doing that.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Faction pros/cons ? + additional questions

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    Hey yall!

    I know this have been asked a few times before, but im new to CoH (but not the genre) and some patches have past since the last threads popped up asking the same question/-s, so here i go:

    1. Can i get a simplified pros/cons of the factions available?
    2. How does your ingame "tier" progression go? i.e. how do i go from tier 1 to tier 2? Is it solely buildingsbased or do i have to upgrade X tech at Y building?
    3. "Resource points" - i find it a little bit hard to quickly tell what resources the cap points provide, maybe my age is messing with my eyesight. but is there any other "tells" except the tiny numbers & icons next to the cap. point? like.. "generally more fuel at cap.points in urban areas" etc?
    4. Tried watching a few multiplayer matches on the tube and got a bit curious about the "score" system. What determines the score (the blue/red score at the top of the screen)? strategic locations ? killscore?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TheNoha
    [link] [comments]

    COH1 help

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Hey all, I was a COH player from the start, 1 and 2. I haven't played 1 since about 2016 and 2 since 2018. My current computer setup will really only run 1 so that's what I'm playing while under stay-at-home.

    I'm having a hard time finding updated build orders, strategies etc. Most of the stuff online is at least 3 years old. I'm just looking to get good again and need a little help. I used to be able to play the hardest AIs and not completely get bowled over in Multi.

    I'm playing a lot with my cousin online and just want to be able to not get destroyed. Only looking for German help because he always plays Allies

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dublin277
    [link] [comments]

    Reserve Mobilization Doctrine

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Hey, had this idea for an OKW Doctrine, that introduces some units with the theme of leftover equipment, units rotated from the Eastern Front and Axis allies. There's also a powerful ability that's meant to represent a Hail Mary of sorts. It's meant to promote relatively defensive gameplay and holding the line with cheap infantry.

    0 CP: Ostruppen

    Same old Ostruppen infantry, rotated from the Eastern Front. Functionally the same (including the capacity to build Bunkers) as their Ostheer counterpart, the difference is that they can salvage, and instead of an unlockable LMG42 upgrade, they start with the ability to upgrade to x2 Panzerbüsche 39 AT rifles. Vet 4 adds a 7th man and another weapon slot, while also allowing another Panzerbüsche to be purchased. Vet 5 makes their cover bonus permanent and gives a more advanced version when they are within cover.

    2 CP: Snipers

    Snipers can be built at the OKW HQ, and are functionally identical to the Ostheer counterpart. Vet 4 gives the Sniper +38 HP (to 120), and allows him to toggle between his Scoped G43 Rifle and his pilfered PPSh-41 taken in the Eastern Front, captured from Soviets. This particular weapon can be swapped to really quickly and is an entire squad on its own; but it's not really a risk you want to take. Still, it's exceedingly powerful and can allow the sniper to shred a squad on his own in a pinch.

    Vet 5 gives the Sniper better received accuracy and the Volley Fire ability, which sacrifices some accuracy (only 1/3rd of shots hit) while allowing the sniper to rapidly dispatch a squad at x3 fire rate (overall "dps" doesn't change, but you get suppression). Volley Fire doesn't add much suppression on its own, but adds huge amounts whenever a squad member is killed. It also triples burst length, which is only really applicable to the PPSh-41 mode. A Vet 5 sniper, while taking the time to get there, will be a true force of nature even in the late game, unless finally finished off by vehicles.

    2 CP: Bolster Weapon Crews

    All OKW weapon crews get 6 men and gain experience 25% faster. Unlocks the Reinforce Crew ability for Ostruppen, which is basically Merge, except it can only be used with weapon crews.

    8 CP: Pak43

    The good old defensive AT gun.

    13 CP: Tankbuster Operation

    All enemy vehicles visible in frontline sectors will be pelted by weak but highly accurate AT mortars that cause crew shock. Stukas will also strafe them with 37mm cannons, and all Ostruppen get a x5 penetration bonus on their Panzerbüsche. This is highly expensive munitions wise.

    submitted by /u/ecmrush
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Hay bale on the right side of Crossroads prevent suppression?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment