• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Company of Heroes Commander Update Beta - Changelog

    Company of Heroes Commander Update Beta - Changelog


    Commander Update Beta - Changelog

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    A patch for the Commander Update Beta has gone live. View the changes here. Steps to check out the beta remain the same as outlined in my original post. Keep the feedback coming! :)

    submitted by /u/JohnT_RE
    [link] [comments]

    Ok so Assault guards get fixed but now rifles are bugged lol

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    OKW vs USF

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    For some reason when I play OKW against USF I mostly lose. It's the only matchup I don't know how to win at (except I don't play Soviet), especially in the early game. I've searched on here and only found people who have the opposite problem, but I always beat OKW when I play USF unless the game goes really deep and they have a lot of vet 5 infantry and vehicles.

    I get that volks win at long range but how do you stop infantrymen just walking up to them and killing them?

    submitted by /u/platinummattagain
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer community feels very toxic and unforgiving

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    I first started playing COH1 in 2012, and then started playing COH2 right when it dropped. I used to only play against AI, but recently I've found that multiplayer matches are also really interesting because there is a whole new way of thinking about strategies and how your opponent will react (the AI is a bit too predictable sometimes). I can defeat hard AI easily and can usually beat expert AI on VP. I've also watched a couple of HelpingHans videos on multiplayer strategies, and have been deliberately implementing those in my games. I researched about the ELO system and it seems like in PvP team games the automatch will take the average of all the player's ELO scores, and therefore I prefer to play 3v3 or 4v4 in order to not be too much of a drag on my teammate. However, after the end of every game there will be at least one toxic teammate that'll say something like "f---ing noob" or opponents who'll say something like "ez noobs" which just really demoralizes me. I got placed in ladder 6, and it seems like most players I was matched or playing with are in 8-9. I'm not really sure how to feel about this. Could I get some advice from the kind folks here?

    submitted by /u/Impagliazzo
    [link] [comments]

    Misconception on JLI and Pathfinders crit abilities

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Long post ahead, TL; DR at the end

    So after a comment in the newer iteration of the commander update, I did some testing to clear something rather niche but that it's important to point out.

    There's a slight misconception on crits that only have a relevant case against snipers for both JLI and Pathfinders, but specially the latter.

    Abilities or attacks that inflict critical hits in the game (not just sniper crit kills, but for example snares), inflict their critical effect if, after the damage of the attack, the target is at the required health threshold for the critical to take effect. For example, if a conscript throws an AT grenade at a vehicle and after the damage is applied the vehicle has 75% health or less, the critical effect is applied and the engine is damaged. This means that depending on the health of the vehicle, you may need to throw more or less grenades to get the critical off.

    This works the same for the sniper critical kill ability of the scoped G43 of Jaeger Light Infantry and the scoped marksman rifle of Pathfinders.

    In game, both rifles capable of doing the crit kill hit for 16 damage, or 20% of the health of infantry models (infantry models have 80 health). Tested in game, the threshold for the crit kills to happen are 75% health for the JLI's scoped G43, and 40% for the Pathfinders' scoped marksman rifle.

    And here is where the misconception begins. The "real" critical kill threshold for both rifles are 55% health and 20% health respectively. However, since they deal 20% damage on hit, and the check for the critical kill is made after the damage of the bullet is calculated, one could say that in reality the threshold is 75% and 40% because the check is done after, and any unit at 75% and 40% hp would always get critically killed, because every shot of the previously mentioned rifles would always drop their HP to the exact critical death threshold and the crit would take effect.

    So essentially, at 80 max health per model, a JLI scoped G43 only needs 3 shots to trigger the critical kill on any unit (one shot to bring to 80%, second to 60%, third to 40% - health threshold is equal or less to 55% and crit triggers), and for a Pathfinders' scoped marksman rifle is 4 shots (one shot to 80%, second to 60%, third to 40%, fourth to 20% - health threshold is equal or less to 20% and crit triggers).

    This would work perfectly fine in theory if every single infantry model always had 80 max health. There is one exception to this rule, which are snipers at 82 max health. Against snipers, both JLI's and Pathfinders' special rifle deal only 19.5% of their total health as damage.

    For JLI it doesn't matter, because 3 shots brings a sniper under the 55% max health threshold just like it does to any other model (80.5% -> 61% -> 41.5% - health threshold is equal or less to 55% and crit triggers).

    For Pathfinders, however, the breakpoints don't line up. The first shot brings them down to 80.5%, second to 61%, third to 41.5%, fourth to 22%. But the crit kill threshold is 20%! The critical hit doesn't take effect, and Pathfinders need to shoot once more, critically killing a sniper that would have otherwise survived with 2.5% health, or 2 hp.

    So a sniper that is at 40% hp won't get critically killed by a Pathfinders' scoped rifle shot like we usually believe, because it will end up with 16.8 health (yes, CoH2 manages decimals on health), which is ~20.5% health - just .5% above the threshold, saving himself, requiring a whole extra shot to be critically killed.

    I know this is stupidly niche, but it's the exact niche scenario in which the only exception to the rule messes up in tangible manner the effectiveness of a unit versus another, specially lately since Pathfinders are trying to be buffed to work as a sniper counter.

    Naturally, I'm looking at this in a vacuum, and it's more than likely that snipers will suffer those 2hp damage from anywhere else, allowing this to work as intended.

    I'm putting this information out there just in case someone else gets as stupidly confused as I did when testing this out, considering that there's a lot of hidden bonuses and numbers in the game that we don't really get to see often. And maybe consider giving Pathfinders' crit threshold a buff to 20.5% health - just enough to consistently kill every single infantry model in the game in 4 shots, snipers included, instead of needing an extra shot to the unit it's intended to counter.

    Or maybe not, I don't really know much of game balance and I just like looking at numbers.

    TL;DR

    Snipers have 82 max health instead of 80 like regular models, which is just enough to mess up the breakpoint of pathfinder's 20% crit kill threshold and requiring them to make a whole extra shot to get the crit kill, making it worse at sniping snipers. Yes, the threshold is 20% because it works like snares hitting vehicles needing to go to 75% hp or lower, but we normally say 40% because all models have the exact same hp, EXCEPT for snipers.

    submitted by /u/Paladongers
    [link] [comments]

    Master League: The Finals

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    Howdy folks!

    If you weren't aware there is a new tournament starting tomorrow! The fifth Master League event begins at 14:00 British Summer Time (09:00 Eastern Daylight Time). Read about it here: https://www.coh2.org/.../ml5-the-finals-affiliate-events...
    Primary stream will be twitch.tv/aecoh

    Join the ML Discord for the most up-to-date info. You can look here to see other casters! or check the front page of .org tomorrow! https://discord.gg/TfYEDkgX

    submitted by /u/not_GBPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be cooler if infantry could drop non-slot weapons?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    IDK about anybody else but I always thought it would be cooler if infantry could rarely drop weapons like Thompsons, G43s, or infrared STGs.

    I don't think any squad could become OP by adding a single PPSh or something y'know? But it would allow for some really cool fancy squads occasionally. Even make minesweepers droppable. There are so many cool possibilities we could be experiencing.

    submitted by /u/spatialflow
    [link] [comments]

    Community imbalance, or game

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Been playing coh2 again after a bit and I've always been a USF player and I like to play the 3v3 or 4v4 matches just for the large maps and potentially huge battles. However most games feel really lopsided and every game I check the post game stats to see my total damage thousands ahead of my team mates. Now I know that this isn't 100% showing of skill but it has led to to believe that the majority of the experienced community is playing axis. Am I just in the unlucky games or is there any merit to my assumption here?

    submitted by /u/Surgi3
    [link] [comments]

    With all these bugs, besides Splats, do you think CoH3 is on the way?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    Why I am getting disconnected out of games in the middle?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    I have ethernet cable having 500 Mbps and it disconnects so often and the reconnect feature does not work at all.

    submitted by /u/HauntingTime3300
    [link] [comments]

    Company of heroes 2 wont launch

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Hello everybody, recently i tried playing coh2 only for it to not launch after the first time set up. I tried disabling real time protection since other people had the same problem and it worked for them, sadly it didnt work for me. An intresting thing that i discovered is when i tried the beta versions of coh2 it launches, how ever as soon as i try the base game it doesn't launch. If anyone knows or has an idea on how to fix it please comment.

    submitted by /u/Legendscout17
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Infantry Build

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Looking for some tips on infantry builds. What's everyone's preferred infantry build. Should I be building 4 base infantry (grens, cons etc.) Or 3 w mix of elite etc. I'm just a noob asking for advice.

    submitted by /u/nsd2500
    [link] [comments]

    Nerfing Axis counter-barrage is shameful.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    That's what the Acid did in 44-45!

    CoH 2 is a 44-45 time game.

    I just really like the Panzer IV!

    Yet the B-17...

    submitted by /u/AngryHorizon
    [link] [comments]

    Non Doctrinal Spotting

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Just an observation about the five factions, correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that Ostheer is the only faction without a non-doctrinal spotting ability:

    USF has their air recon on the Major

    UKF has it on their officer too

    Soviets have it on their 82mm mortar

    and OKW has the UHU

    all of the above don't required any veterancy or commander choice to build.

    any possibility that this is leveled out?

    submitted by /u/Pomelo_Equivalent
    [link] [comments]

    Moving inf harder to be shot at?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Title said it all guys :)), those the same go with vehicles and tanks too? Thank you :))

    submitted by /u/Lappodamy
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling in 2v2 especially against penals

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:20 AM PDT

    So I'm a top 500 1v1 for every faction (used to be top 100 but haven't played in some time) and pretty comparable for 3v3 and 4v4, but my 2v2 is absolutely horrible. I'm struggling to stay at rank 8.

    I am playing random automatch, but I'm 13 plus on every other mode for random automatch so I don't see how that matters.

    What at least partially seems to be the issue is lots of concentrated opponent penal play and deep, concentrated flanking to 2v2 me. It's nothing tactically genius that I'm struggling against, in fact many of my matches are going to the wire in longer, 30+ minute slug fests, but all the same not getting past rank 8. I'm sure there's l2p issues, of course, but the discontinuity across modes with respect to rank might suggest something you all can help me with or inform me about.

    I'm trying to up my axis rank in 2v2 first and then my allies rank, but I feel I'm hitting a stone wall and I can't really figure out what the issue is. Why am I struggling so hard in this mode only? Any other experiences with this?

    submitted by /u/plinythewinny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment