• Breaking News

    Friday, July 9, 2021

    Company of Heroes Clarification on Regional Server Support

    Company of Heroes Clarification on Regional Server Support


    Clarification on Regional Server Support

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. I've been seeing a lot of questions and speculation on how the regional server support may or may not be affecting matchmaking and the in-game experience. I wanted to track down some answers right from our server team to help clarify what this new support actually does. So here you go!

    • When you select a server, you are not region locked.
    • You still matchmake globally. When the system forms the match, it takes into account all users' pings to every region (finding the best overall) and applying that to its decision. The outcome is you are more likely, but not guaranteed, to be placed in a match in your closest region. BUT this heavily depends on how many other players are searching for the same match type close to your rank/rating.
    • Queue times may be affected if there aren't many users who would optimally use the same region as you.
    • Your ping score is just another number in how the system decides possible matches when the automatch engine runs.

    So TLDR, this support should prioritize the ideal server for you, but it's contingent on a bunch of other factors like player rank, location in proximity to server, how many players are searching, time of day, etc., etc. Hope this helped clear things up!

    submitted by /u/JohnT_RE
    [link] [comments]

    Region selection added?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:20 AM PDT

    Does the region update mean 1/3 of the player pool to choose from to get a game?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:51 AM PDT

    Because farrrrrrrrk me ive never waited so long to get a game before... I'm on the US West coast server for low ping... but what good is low ping if there is no one to have a game with? ugh....

    submitted by /u/ReggaeMasta
    [link] [comments]

    Linux/Mac OS Game

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    I'd love to play under Linux sometime, any other Linux users out there? We could do an arranged vs AI or play head to head or whatever!

    submitted by /u/von_neumann
    [link] [comments]

    [Question from Relic and Devs] How does the match-making with regional servers work?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    As you might have noticed, since the last update you can choose between three different regions (US West, US East, and Europe) on the match-making screen. This gives the ability to choose the region with the lowest ping, thus improving the gaming experience. However, how this system works was not explained in the patch notes and many players are experiencing a long time to find a match since then. I think it would be great if Relic and its team clarify this system for the community.

    Personally, I didn't have an issue with the ping while playing with people from other continents previously, and this additional function (which I understand took quite a lot of effort to implement) didn't affect my playing experience. However, if it is going to divide the player base into 3 groups, it would have a negative effect on the community by forcing them to wait for a long time to play the game (Since we all know that COH2 doesn't have the number of players as the other games have).

    PS: If you have questions or comments, please feel free to say them. I think the conversation on this topic can be helpful for all of us.

    submitted by /u/Metallurgist1
    [link] [comments]

    Little update. Maybe that way the server suth down 2 night ago

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    How to lay a single S-Mine?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    Hello I was wondering if there is a way to lay a single S-Mine instead of a whole mine field? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Comprehensive_Try969
    [link] [comments]

    Good resources for team tactics?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Howdy, I've been playing CoH2 with some friends who are newer lately, and we (mostly) get our butts kicked by other players.

    I don't consider myself a great player, but I'm the veteran of the group so they turn to me for macro strategies. Problem is… I have no clue what the meta strats are for team games. I mostly did 1v1's when I was playing a lot (which was awhile ago!). Sometimes my plan works, sometimes it's utter crap and we're doomed from the start.

    Can someone lay out some basic strats we should follow in team games or point me to a good resource on it? I want to get these guys some more wins so they don't get so discouraged. I have fun regardless, but I'm not sure they are.

    We play as both Axis and Allies. I figured that was best to try and learn from what people are doing against us. Usually Axis is two Wehrmacht with one OKW while Allies we do one of each.

    submitted by /u/Past_life_God
    [link] [comments]

    What did Pioneer said when they get a promotion?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    "A promotion! I guess we have a Hel - mes - schen -.

    ??

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Bowl-505
    [link] [comments]

    Blitzkrieg on Mobile?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently bought COH:opf and I was wondering if I could use mods

    submitted by /u/tomwilbers05
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment