• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 11, 2020

    Company of Heroes Every damn time ... (we still enjoy it though)

    Company of Heroes Every damn time ... (we still enjoy it though)


    Every damn time ... (we still enjoy it though)

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Soviet 1v1 build orders

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 03:06 PM PST

    The following applies to 1v1 vs Wehrmacht at the <800 level. Few players play OKW in 1v1 and they dont give me half as much trouble as wehr.

    The tried and true 4x conscript opening that I have used for months is failing me more and more against skilled Wehrmacht players. It feels like if I try to spread the cons out to ensure a flank vs the MG42, they get picked apart in mid-long firefights vs grenadiers. Whereas if I try to blob up a bit to overwhelm a single gren, the MG always gets me and it becomes very difficult to soft retreat without having at least one squad get suppressed and bled/pinned.

    Do I have to move away from the 4 conscript opener? What are the preferred build orders these days? Do top players ever use T1? Tech early molotovs? How about Maxim and PM mortar? Or should I stick with 4 cons but use airborne troops to give the cons an earlier upgrade to beat grenadiers with? Any suggestions for the Wehrmacht matchup are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Reason-and-rhyme
    [link] [comments]

    Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer Fallschirmjäguer

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 08:34 PM PST

    I assume XP farming like this doesn't work, haven't seen the company veternacy go up :c

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:11 AM PST

    Night shift mode?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Anyone know how to play with night shift on? I'm using Windows 10

    submitted by /u/plinythewinny
    [link] [comments]

    [2v2] 1000+ hours, but still losing consistently (allies) - advice needed

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:55 AM PST

    Context - A close friend and I have been playing 2v2 for a few years now, we both have over 1000 hours of pvp, about 800 of which is playing together as 2v2 allies team. I'm almost always Soviet (as I didn't have any expansions until recently), whereas they alternate between sov/usf/brits. The few dozen axis games we've played to get more familiarity with axis units, we've usually won comfortably. We're both in our mid-thirties so usually play a couple of times a week after work.

    On paper, our technique is good - attentive micro, green cover, sandbags, mines for backstops and enemy retreat paths, hotkeys, we don't blob, and generally we don't lose any squads in the early-mid game so everyone is vetted later. We know the pros/cons/counters of each unit, and not to rush our tanks in head-on however tempting it can be.

    But we keep losing. A lot. Either we get run off the map early by MGs or sturms and lose presence, or we make it to the early-mid-game and then axis armour rolls through what little AT we have around (due to focusing on AI), or the game draws out to the 45-60 minute mark and we can't quite hold the points long enough to win (although we often get very close).

    This makes me think there is something missing with our fundamentals, and perhaps some of the more seasoned players here can advise.

    My typical opening is Cons, Cons, T2, MG, Cons, Hospital, Guards, Mortar/120/AT gun. Usually Guard Motor or Advanced Warfare. Occasionally I will try a T1 opening with Penals -> T70 -> Su76, but I can't say I've had much luck with that as it doesn't seem to scale well in the late game.

    Capping priority is points outside base/cutoff, fuel/munitions, then star. Sometimes we try to play two stars (eg. left and middle), but often it just comes down to what's open.

    Most games are against max-level players, although we are only ladder rank 7/8. We are on a 10+ losing streak of fairly close games, so I am open to all and any ideas as we are clearing missing something important.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dream_fragments
    [link] [comments]

    COH2 Bugged at Initial Loading Screen

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 03:54 PM PST

    I've been trying to play some COH2 with my buddy like we used to years ago, but for some reason, my game gets stuck at the first title screen where is just says, "Company of Heroes 2" with the background art. I can hear the opening sequence of SEGA playing in the background and eventually some music, but it's stuck at that screen. I've tried setting the launch options to "-refresh 60", or "-refresh 120" as my laptop has a refresh of 144Hz, and I saw this was a common fix, but this didn't work. I've tried uninstalling, deleting the Company of Heroes 2 folder from My Games multiple times, and nothing is seeming to fix it. I've even gone into the configuration_system.lua file and tried to manually set the refresh rate, but whenever I boot the game up, it resets to the default. Does anyone know of any other possible fixes??

    submitted by /u/Volokin7
    [link] [comments]

    nice

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 02:28 AM PST

    Too High Level

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 02:56 AM PST

    Hi folks, through sheer luck and by riding on the back of greats I've somehow ended up at a lvl 14 in 4v4. I believe I am rightly only a lvl 8-10 or so at the moment. I keep blowing it for my team and being berated for being useless. I've watched lots of replays and trying to learn bit would like to go down some levels. I've lost much more than I've won recently but never seem to go down. Any way I can drop a few levels? Thanks for your help and sorry if you've been paired up with me recently. P.s does my 4v4 rating affect who I play in other matches, 3v3 etc?

    submitted by /u/antiaxiom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment